cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung s8 pre-orders

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi everyone, I have pre-ordered the s8 plus as an upgrade and as far as I know I should be getting it 8 days early, so around the 20th I think. However when I was chatting to o2 customer service on the phone he said that they will start shipping the phones tomorrow! Does anyone know if there is any truth in this? Or does anyone else have any details?
Many thanks
Message 1 of 90
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144096 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
We would expect CS to know what was happening.
As just customers like yourself, we only know what O2 tell us and you would know more about your order than we would.
You'll get a dispatch email with tracking data when the phone leaves O2 so you'll know later today if it is arriving tomorrow or not.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 90
89 REPLIES 89

MI5
  • 144096 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
We would expect CS to know what was happening.
As just customers like yourself, we only know what O2 tell us and you would know more about your order than we would.
You'll get a dispatch email with tracking data when the phone leaves O2 so you'll know later today if it is arriving tomorrow or not.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 90

Anonymous
Not applicable

Have been looking to upgrade to the S8, but Sky are offering a really good deal 30 month contract though. Unused Data rolls over for 3 years, £26 a month for the phone, then 1GB starts from £10 pm, no upfront cost. Unlimited calls and texts if you are a Sky TV customer. The only sticking point only offer 12 months warranty.

Message 3 of 90

MI5
  • 144096 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
The phone will have Samsung's standard 2 year warranty.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 90

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the Info guys, I'm really hoping CS got it right but we will see, fingers crossed
Message 5 of 90

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @MI5, I was just looking on the Samsung site which confirmed it wink

Message 6 of 90

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well this is hopefully the week we shall receive our s8 pre orders 😊, Thursday to be precise .. Not that I'm impatient at all lol.
Message 7 of 90

MI5
  • 144096 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Good luck slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 8 of 90

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks @Anonymous , are you indulging in the s8?
Message 9 of 90

MI5
  • 144096 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
I may do but I've not preordered this time.

Currently using:
Message 10 of 90