Did you mean:ย 

Samsung s8 Wifi calling

Crawlingdread
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, 

What is the expected ETA on the next Samsung S8 firmware update, which will allow wifi calling please, rather than having to use the TUGO app? Loosing this feature, from the s7 curve, is a real step backwards. I know the compatibillity sections states the S8 isnt currently supported, however, there must a planned release date right?

Message 1 of 37
36 REPLIES 36

oldlacy
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I had to take my phone to the o2 shop and get permissions turned on at o2. Then switch off leave a while then do a manual software update. then phone /settings/ scroll down to the bottom and wi-fi calling had appeared as an option!!!! So now i can make and receive calls but not texts. My phone was bought from Samsung and i had called them and o2 several times over the last month because at home we have occasional 1 bar of signal mostly non.
Message 31 of 37

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144159 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
It has literally just been enabled for open market S8's in the last few days.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 32 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable
I had an interesting call with O2 today about this. I expected to be told that Wi-Fi Calling for Texts was not planned but I was surprised to be told that it WILL be available for S8 and S7 in Jan 2018 (exact date unknown). With all the disappointment surrounding thus u find it hard to believe that this is true ... but happy to be proven wrong.
Message 33 of 37

MI5
  • 144159 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
I think we'll all be surprised!
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 34 of 37

jonsie
  • 93176 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

06carloss
Level 1: Joiner
  • 24 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
How come I losted my wifi calling and 4g calling