cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung J3 - sudden Cracked Screen; no accidental damage

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Guys,

I bought a Samsung J3 from O2 in December 2016, so its only three months old (Pay as you Go - no Insurance) 

Yesterday it was working absolutely fine and when I woke up this morning the screen would not 'turn on' even though the phone is on. It later started flashing green & purple, with some of the 'normal' home screen visible beneath, and after closer inspection there is now a hairline crack running diagonal across the screen in a zig zag line.

I have to stress, as this phone was a replacement for an iphone which i foolishly dropped and the screen subsequently smashed in to a million pieces - I have look after this J3 like a new born baby - it has always had a tempered glass screen protecter and a hard cover. I have not dropped it once...

I know I have not caused this to happen, and from research online it appears O2 will have little sympathy if I was either to take back in store or send it off for a repair qoute, and my best option is to send to samsung - my question is the following;

Is sudden screen cracking a known issue with the Samsung J3? 

I have read my credit card company may be able to help with reclaiming the funds spent - does anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks in advance for any responses.

Matt

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
The cause of the crack needs to be determined first before you can decide what you do next.
Send it or take it into Samsung for an inspection and go from there.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
The cause of the crack needs to be determined first before you can decide what you do next.
Send it or take it into Samsung for an inspection and go from there.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Definitely return to Samsung, Contact details here http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 3