cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S2 Jelly Bean Notification Panel settings missing

Anonymous
Not applicable

I got the latest update (Jelly Bean 4.1.2) yesterday for my Samsung Galaxy S2.
The new Notification Panel is missing from Settings.

On the Galaxy S3, the settings appear under Settings > Display > Notification panel.

The new Notification Panel quick settings buttons are very annoying.
After the Notification Panel opens, they slide left every time! It is a very bad UX.
If I could limit them to just 5, then at least they wont slide left every time I open the Notification Panel.

Is there a fix for this?

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
That's how Samsung have written the S2 ROM so unless you root the phone you're stuck with it.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
That's how Samsung have written the S2 ROM so unless you root the phone you're stuck with it.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
MI5, thanks for letting me know.
How can one change this if the phone was rooted?
Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
There are other launchers on Play (Nova / Apex etc) that work with root access to alter the "locked in" system default settings. Something like "Power Toggles" would also be able to be used to completely replace the system toggles and is fully customisable, but only with root access as system files have to be over written.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 4