cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy A3 (2017) Software Update

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a Samsung Galaxy A3 (2017) purchased from O2 in April this year.

It's currently running Android 6.0.1, and the security patch level is 1 April 2017. When I manually check for software updates, it tells me the latest software is already installed.

Is there any news on when I'll get Android 7.x, which was released last August? (Or 8, which was released this August? But I guess that's too much to hope for.)

How about the patches for the critical BroadPwn bug, which were released in July?

Or does the fact that it's a "budget" model mean that it never gets any updates at all?!

Message 1 of 16
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Hey guys, my apologies for the delay.

Our device team received the latest available update mid-week from Samsung to test which they're hoping to get approved by today or early next week, with the aim of Samsung releasing it around a week later. I'll keep you posted.

PS. We're in-sync with the rest of the market with this update, and don't have any info regarding Nougat or Oreo for this device. We'd recommend checking with Samsung directly regarding these.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144293 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27659 Solutions
You'll have to ask @Chris_K about software updates.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

OK, how do I do that? Or is mentioning his username enough to cause him to appear? slight_smile (During regular office hours, presumably.)

Message 3 of 16

Cleoriff
  • 122895 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

OK, how do I do that? Or is mentioning his username enough to cause him to appear? slight_smile (During regular office hours, presumably.)

His name has been mentioned @Anonymous You will probably get an answer tomorrow...wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 16

MI5
  • 144293 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27659 Solutions
Yes, job done but be part for an answer.
I know you are a patient person otherwise you wouldn't had bought an o2 branded phone lol slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 16

jonsie
  • 93217 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Yes, job done but be part for an answer.
I know you are a patient person otherwise you wouldn't had bought an o2 branded phone lol slight_smile

Ouch....bit harsh joy

Message 6 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

I see what you mean about being patient. I guess @Chris_K must be on holiday.

Message 7 of 16

MI5
  • 144293 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27659 Solutions
I guess he must be busy with the iPhone launch.....

Currently using:
Message 8 of 16

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Hey guys, my apologies for the delay.

Our device team received the latest available update mid-week from Samsung to test which they're hoping to get approved by today or early next week, with the aim of Samsung releasing it around a week later. I'll keep you posted.

PS. We're in-sync with the rest of the market with this update, and don't have any info regarding Nougat or Oreo for this device. We'd recommend checking with Samsung directly regarding these.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 9 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply. Do you know whether the new update includes the BroadPwn patch?

Message 10 of 16