cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STATUS Permanently Failed

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a Moto G3 and until today I've been able to send SMS to any 'phone.

Today I get the response "***STATUS*** Permanently Failed" if I try to SMS an iPhone user. SMS to other androis devices are still OK.

This is new today.

I have deleted message threads, cleared the cache and rebooted the 'phone. It still fails.  

Message 1 of 41
40 REPLIES 40

MercedesS
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

Hello guys

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We’ll look into this right now and get back to you with any updates as we get them. Thanks!

Get involved! If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution”.If you are new to the community, please read How to use the community
Message 11 of 41

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Just seeing if there has been an update with this I as I have started experiencing it too. 

When trying to text my partner today I have received '**STATUS** Permanently Failed. Message to [Her phone number] at [date + time].

I am texting from a Samsung Galaxy S6 on O2 to an Apple iPhone SE on EE.

I got someone else to text her from an iPhone 4s on O2 and the same problem occurs.

Message 12 of 41

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi, @Anonymous, @Anonymous, @Anonymous, @Anonymous, @Anonymous and all, update on this: there was an issue earlier between O2 and EE/Three numbers. This looks to have been resolved last night - please do let us know if you still experience this issue? Thanks!

Message 13 of 41

Anonymous
Not applicable
have just texted someone and got the same message. Unfortunately I'm unable to confirm what network the recipient is on. I am able to text other people. Please can you tell me if there is another, current issue like the above?
Message 14 of 41

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
Snap - text a friend on GiffGaff about 30 minutes ago.
Just tried again and went through fine...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 15 of 41

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Others reported an issue yesterday too so I guess it's not solved yet.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 16 of 41

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
Yeah, had another fail about 5 minutes after posting the first time.
Again copied the text, write new reply (same thread, not new message) and paste in. Send. Goes through fine.
Bizarre!!

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 17 of 41

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am experiencing similar problems.  Cant send any texts to my OH, keep getting the permanently failed message back.  I think he's with O2 also, and his is an iphone.

Message 18 of 41

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
@Marjo It appears issue is not fixed - can you check please?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 19 of 41

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm having the same issues with contacting just one number. All other contacts are fine. They are also on O2
Message 20 of 41