cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STATUS Permanently Failed

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a Moto G3 and until today I've been able to send SMS to any 'phone.

Today I get the response "***STATUS*** Permanently Failed" if I try to SMS an iPhone user. SMS to other androis devices are still OK.

This is new today.

I have deleted message threads, cleared the cache and rebooted the 'phone. It still fails.  

Message 1 of 41
40 REPLIES 40

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144338 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Still having the same problem!! What is happening. Whyyy? How do we stop this

Changing your network might be the only option!

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 31 of 41

jonsie
  • 93234 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6978 Solutions

@Marjo wrote:

Hi guys, thanks for reporting this again. We've queried about it and there was an issue with SMS over the weekend, however it should now be resolved.

Please do let us know if you still experience this and we'll forward the feedback to O2. slight_smile

Well, over a week later and still giving issues. To be totally honest, I think if these sort of problems were affecting me I would be long gone and that would apply to any network. 

Message 32 of 41

Anonymous
Not applicable

It is SO NOT fixed.....  I'm having the same problem.....

Message 33 of 41

Cleoriff
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

It is SO NOT fixed.....  I'm having the same problem.....

@MarjoI will tag you into this thread. The problem has been marked as solved. Obviously not according to @Anonymous post above?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 34 of 41

MI5
  • 144338 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions
Does anything work on o2 anymore?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 35 of 41

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12070 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
I haven't had the problem for about two weeks now, but was intermittent at that time.
I would suggest the normal things (phone off/on, SIM card out and clean) to see if that helps to resolve it...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 36 of 41

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hey guys thanks for the information on this again - I'll pass it on to O2 and will update when I get any news.

Message 37 of 41

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi guys, thanks for your patience! I got the following from O2 to try fix the issue:

Usually deleting the number as a contact and deleting any messages threads for the affected number will resolve the issue

Can you try to see if this works for you as well and let us know? Thanks!

Message 38 of 41

MI5
  • 144338 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions
Some people like to keep all messages from certain contacts.
Is this the only option to fix the issue?

Currently using:
Message 39 of 41

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Not ideal I know but at the moment it looks like it might be the only thing to try, however if it doesn't work (please do let us know!) we'll of course pass that on and will need to collect some additional info in that case that might help with the investigation of the issue further.

Those that are experiencing this and want to keep the messages from certain contacts may need to look if they can back them up through an app if there's no options for that on the device itself.

Message 40 of 41