cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SONY XPERIA T - WONT TURN ON/ NOT CHARGING? HELP!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have had the sony xperia T for about 3-4 months now. its a fantastic phone, i love it. But about 6-8 weeks ago i couldn’t get it to turn on even though fully charged. So we did the soft reset of up volume and power button.  This worked a treat and has been good ever since.  But yesterday driving home using the sat nav, the phone turned off (not sure if the battery died or it just turned off – it had 76% when i set off and was only 1 hour into the journey when it turned off, luckily i knew where i was going just after it died).

Anyways, i have tried all the different options mentioned on many forums and nothing is working to get the phone back on this time.

If you hold the power button the red light flashes twice then after a couple of seconds, flashes twice again. It vibrates when you hold it for long enough, but nothing happens. Also vibrates when you hold the power and volume up button, but still nothing.

I currently have an elastic band wrapped around the phone covering the power button with the red light on (so would seem like it should be charging) and after about 2 minutes of the red light being on, the red light turns off and it just vibrates about 15 times and then the red light comes back on for another couple minutes and repeats.

But still i cannot get the phone to come to life.

Any ideas? Should i just take it to an 02 shop?  Im really worried that they might reset it and ill lose all of my photos which are very important to me.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

To be honest it sounds like the phone needs to go away for repair although dealing directly with Sony would be my option. I presume you have tried removing the battery for 10 minutes as it sound as though you have done all the resets.

If the phone goes for repair I would think it will be wiped when you get it back so unless the phone has been recently backed up I fear you will lose the content unless the photos are stored on the micro SD card.

What happens when you connect the phone to your PC? Does it recognise it?

Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, thanks for your message.

As far as i know, the default for my pictures should always be to the SD Card (i really hope so).  And no, when connected to the PC via USB it doesn't recognise it. i was going to use the PC Companion Suite to update the software but it wont recognise the phone.

And you can't take the battery out as its all built into the phone - you cant get into it.
I will try going to 02 tonight and see if they know any other tricks to get it to work. The contract is with them, so im hoping they will send it away to Sony or whoever. 

Message 3 of 6

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

If you have a card reader you can connect it to your PC to check if your photos are on there. Don't send the card away with the phone though. Seems this model phone has a problem when googling the fault unfortunately.

Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I will try going to 02 tonight and see if they know any other tricks to get it to work. The contract is with them, so im hoping they will send it away to Sony or whoever. 

DON'T let O2 send the phone away for repair!

Deal with Sony directly yourself, the phone has a 2 year warranty.

Just search this forum for the many horror stories of people using the O2 repair service & you will soon see why dealing directly with the manufacturer yourself is the much better option for warranty repairs.

Message 5 of 6

Rycal
Level 19: Quirky
  • 435 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 47 Solutions

Sadly this is a known fault with the Xperia T. I had to send my wifes away last week for the same issue (thankfully it was back within a few days, fully fixed)

I work for O2 but my comments and opinions posted here are solely my own and do not reflect those of Telefonica.

Message 6 of 6