cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S7 Edge update issue - help!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi
For the last few updates (at least 3 since 7.0) my phone struggles to reboot correcty after updating.
It all appears to go well but then sits on the Samsung screen and goes no further.
I manage to somehow get it going by pressing the 3 reset buttons/plugging in charge lead and it then seems to boot up ok. It does say the updates were installed. To be honest I don't actually know how I manage to get it going as often in a panic.

I now have a new update to install and, to be honest, am hesitant to go ahead based on past trauma.

Am losing confidence in my phone and I hate that.

Any ideas/help?
Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
How long are you waiting when Phone is on Samsung logo screen?
I’ve had some sit for half an hour after an update.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
How long are you waiting when Phone is on Samsung logo screen?
I’ve had some sit for half an hour after an update.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

When the update process gets to the final stages you will usually see a pulsating Samsung logo whilst it finishes what it needs to do, this can take some time and you need to be patient.

The last update I did it took about 15 minutes before it finally got to the home screen.

Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the replies. Ok it may seem I have been too impatient and panic set in 😯 I have usually waited a 5-10 minutes but not 15-30 so I guess I should do it and leave it alone. Is it worth setting it to do overnight?
Message 4 of 7

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Yes, no problem leaving it to run overnight but leave charger plugged in slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Did the update earlier. Was about 15mins on the Samsung logo then loaded up fine. Patience has never been my strong point! Thanks for the help.
Message 6 of 7

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Great news mate slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 7 of 7