cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S4 Revert Back to JellyBean from KitKat

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, apologies if this has already been posted (I have had a look and couldn't find it) but, is there any way to revert back to JellyBean from KitKat?

Really don't like the changes to the SD card stuff, and am reluctant to root the phone to fix it in KitKat.

Message 1 of 18
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Yes, you CAN go back to JB but you will trip the Knox fuse and void your warranty.
what changes to sd card are you referring to?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

There are ways to do it, if you Google it, but you run the risk of bricking your phone. Your choice.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm told this is a process that can be seen by the manufacturer and can void your warranty.
Message 3 of 18

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

With Sansung KNOX it is meant to be harder. Something to do with a more secure kernel. XDA developers will be the best way to triple-check the process involved.

I've went back the way using ODIN before, although this meant reflashing the whole os and having to reset my settings and preferences back up. KNOX is aimed enterprise security alas it does mean the average user can't flash their handset how they used to.

Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 4 of 18

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Yes, you CAN go back to JB but you will trip the Knox fuse and void your warranty.
what changes to sd card are you referring to?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Knox is evil. Why can't we remove it one has to ask.
Message 6 of 18

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Knox is evil. Why can't we remove it one has to ask.

Because Samsung think they are Apple Bouncy

Currently using:
Message 7 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Oh dear. Backward step Samsung.
Message 8 of 18

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

Originally the Samsung KNOX was meant to be rolled out to enterprise mobiles. I'm not sure why they locked out general consumers as well. Then again, someone that works in an organisation could use a secondary handset on an organisations intranet.

Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 9 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Perhaps @MI5 was right. ...... Samsung aiming to emulate Apple? That would be a sad sad day though
Message 10 of 18