cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Picture messages

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, I have an s6 edge and am unable to receive picture messages, instead I receive a message with a pin asking me to access them online. This is very frustrating and I can't seem to find a way around it. I would appreciate any help or advice!

Many thanks x
Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122362 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous

Have a look at O2's help thread about setting up picture messaging on the S6. Its a tutorial. You need to go through it all and follow the steps

http://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-and-devices#/samsung/galaxy-s6/mms/usecase/manual-configuration/2

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Cleoriff
  • 122362 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous

Have a look at O2's help thread about setting up picture messaging on the S6. Its a tutorial. You need to go through it all and follow the steps

http://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-and-devices#/samsung/galaxy-s6/mms/usecase/manual-configuration/2

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks! I had some problems as the instructions didn't match my settings layout, but got there in the end. Thank you so much, I really appreciate it! slight_smile
Message 3 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122362 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks! I had some problems as the instructions didn't match my settings layout, but got there in the end. Thank you so much, I really appreciate it! slight_smile

Thank you for letting me know. Glad it worked. wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry to be a bother but since I did this I have had no 3g connection on my phone- could this be the cause? 😞
Message 5 of 10

jonsie
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Definitely a problem with the settings. You need to have them exactly as in the link.

Message 6 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ah! Instead of adding a new APN I had altered an existing one. All fixed now, thanks for pitting up with me! slight_smile
Message 7 of 10

jonsie
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 8 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122362 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Definitely a problem with the settings. You need to have them exactly as in the link.

Yes you did say you had some problems so you need to go back in and check that they are exactly as shown @Anonymous

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122362 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Ah! Instead of adding a new APN I had altered an existing one. All fixed now, thanks for pitting up with me! slight_smile

Well done you...Bouncy Come back any time...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 10