cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone blocked

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have recently been to New York and understandable, I've incurred roaming charges. O2 in all of their wisdom then decided to block my phone. I've basically got a very expensive camera. I've live chatted with them and the person on the other end said they would lift the bar if i paid the roaming charges up front. I told them to go jump and that it would be paid along with my monthly bill. After some negotiating they said they would lift it.That was 2 days ago. Has anyone else been victim to such idiotic behaviour??
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122356 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@AnonymousThats the rule I think. I cant understand why you didn't get a warning about data use though. The only people who can help are customer services. Ring them (borrow a phone or use a landline if yours is unusable) Speak to customer services. Live chat arent that good at dealing with account issues

https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
It's a fraud prevention method and is outlined in the T&C's.
Ideally, you should have called before travelling to have any caps lifted as long as you are happy to pay the charges.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

I suffered the same with another provider.. £500 they wanted upfront.. I told them to go do one.. I bought a PAYG sim and slapped that in..

Message 4 of 4