cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oneplus3t Handset

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just to say that I bought this phone about 3 weeks ago.

It has got to be one of the best phones on the market.

It is really quick moving from one thing to another  I would definitely recommend this phone

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

If something is being referred to on a daily basis let's have the name and grammar correct for the thread title.... Good Idea

Message 11 of 19

tullyhubbert
  • 102 Posts
  • 14 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi all, it's been quite some time since I logged in, due mainly to my defection from O2 to Three (Lack of a competitive SIM only contract)

Anyhow, 6 months ago I also defected from my beloved Windows Phone to Android, first a MotoG4 and then a Lenovo P2. Phones are great but the cameras are a little down on quality compared to my Lumia (Last one was a lowly 640XL but still took great pictures) Like you Curr946 I really miss WP, but the Android pros out weigh the cons and I'll stick with it for the forseeable future.

I'm interested in a Oneplus 3T, I've read O2 supply them dual SIM with SIMs unlocked. Is this correct and are they on standard firmware or an O2 version that requires O2 approval before receiving OS updates?

Lastly I also read that O2 have been selling them for £297 from time to time!!! That would be a bargain, is this correct?

Thanks, and good to see a lot of familiar names still here on the forum.

--

John

PS: Forgive this duplicate post but originally I managed to post this in a discussions and feedback forum that I now can't manage to browse to so thought it might not get seen by many people.

Message 12 of 19

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Yes they are stock firmware, dual sim and unlocked on both sim slots.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 13 of 19

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Hi John.
Stock firmware and fully unlocked.
No o2 branding either.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 14 of 19

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
Trust me, you won't be dissatisfied 😁

And yeah, no 02 branding and both slots unlocked, as @MI5 confirmed.
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 15 of 19

tullyhubbert
Level 3: Thinker
  • 102 Posts
  • 14 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks, I'll have to keep watching for one of the elusive 297 deals in that case.

I'm really happy with the Lenovo P2, I'm not in any way a power user (Multiple tasks and games but I do tinker a lot and browse) but the 5100mah battery lasts a minimum of 2 days going to 3 over the weekend. Its a thin phone, surely all phone makers should follow this lead? I'm just a little underwhelmed with the camera results, again I'm not a camera enthusiast, I just want to point and shoot in auto and achieve results similiar to my previous Lumias (620, 925, 830 & 640XL)
Message 16 of 19

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
I've always found Sony to have the best cameras imho.

Currently using:
Message 17 of 19

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
Id agree @MI5, but I'm sure the OnePlus uses a Sony sensor
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 18 of 19

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

@Curr946 wrote:

Thanks @Martin-O2

Done wink

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 19 of 19