cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OnePlus 3T Unlocked?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am thinking of purchasing the OnePlus 3T from a nearby O2 store. I was wondering if the phone comes unlocked or if it is locked to the O2 network? 

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144299 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Also, I feel this may be a stupid question but will I have to get an O2 Sim with the phone when I buy it at the store as I already have a sim from another company. I'm not very interested in transferring numbers. 

I'm assuming you are buying on PAYG?

If so a £10 top up is compulsory, so yes, you will get a sim.

No worries though as you can put your other sim in theother sim slot as you only get 1 o2 sim.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, thanks for clarifying. slight_smile

Message 12 of 15

MI5
  • 144299 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
When are you getting it?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 13 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all -

I'm thinking of getting the OnePlus 3T on contract. I understand it comes unlocked if you pay up front with a PAYG sim, but the assumption would be on a monthly contract it would be locked to O2?

I want to use the second sim slot for work and travel. (If locked) would it be possible to request an unlock immediately after receiving it so that I can use a third party sim for additional services? (continuing to use my calls and texts on the main sim of course). Failing that, do you think it will be possible to add a second O2 sim straight out of the box?

Cheers

Message 14 of 15

MI5
  • 144299 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
They are unlocked regardless of how you buy one.
Both sims and no bloatware or O2 branding at all.

Currently using:
Message 15 of 15