cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OnePlus 3 Broken Screen!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I was wondering if O2's repair service can fix broken screens for OnePlus 3's?

I droppped my phone, the screen cracked in the top corner and three quarters of the screen has gone black. The phone still works as my phone still receives calls and I can hear notifications, I just cant use the touch screen. 

Message 1 of 46
45 REPLIES 45

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Yes, but it's the definition of "acceptable alternative" that is in question.

I agree with that. A handset released last year can't possibly be as acceptable as one released a few months back

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 31 of 46

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions
Message 32 of 46

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've tried explaining that those alternatives are not like for like, but they refuse to listen. Other than filing a complaint, which could take ages to resolve, i'm not sure what else to do.

Message 33 of 46

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
It's entirely up to you if you choose to stand your ground or not, but it has been pointed out to me that the T&C's state:
It states on page 5 Section 3 :
"We will wherever possible replace Your Equipment with a model of a similar specification – this might be a different model from a different manufacturer."
Those words do not state that any alternative has to be acceptable.
http://static.o2.co.uk/www/docs/termsandconditions/o2_mobile_insurance_premier_1250.pdf
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 34 of 46

Anonymous
Not applicable

I would stand my ground but I think the way they have worded their T&Cs might make it difficult for me to argue against their alternatives. However, I did go into 2 different O2 stores today and the staff basically told me that the alternatives are rubbish. and to email a complaint which I have done. So I just need to wait for them to get back to me. I also can't find any phone repair shops in Newcastle that have replacement screens for the OnePlus 3 and I don't know anyone who could replace it for me.  

If I'm still stuck with the alternatives, which one would be the most suitable?  

Message 35 of 46

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Just wait, when my z5p was being replaced they offered some right crap and none were like for like, took two or three weeks but they replaced with a z5p in the end as I kept calling every other day
Message 36 of 46

Anonymous
Not applicable

GOOD NEWS! slight_smile

So, I contacted the insurance team again this evening to voice my dissatisfaction with my claim and the 'alternatives' they offered. It turns out that someone from their tech support team had found out about my issue (I have no idea how) and had tried to contact me and had left a voicemail. Obviously with my phone being damaged, I didn't realise this but the insurance team passed me onto this guy who then offered me the last OnePlus 3T that they had in their warehouse. I don't know how this happened but I'm glad everything managed to work out! Now to wait for it to be delivered, hopefully it will actually get to me without any issues. Thanks for all the replies and advice on here.  

Message 37 of 46

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Excellent result. Well done mate, really pleased for you slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 38 of 46

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Absolutely thrilled. I bet it was after you started throwing 'Force Majeure' into the conversation @Anonymous LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 39 of 46

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Yeah.... scared 'em tongue

Currently using:
Message 40 of 46