cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OnePlus 3 Broken Screen!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I was wondering if O2's repair service can fix broken screens for OnePlus 3's?

I droppped my phone, the screen cracked in the top corner and three quarters of the screen has gone black. The phone still works as my phone still receives calls and I can hear notifications, I just cant use the touch screen. 

Message 1 of 46
45 REPLIES 45

Cleoriff
  • 122800 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
I'm not sure how to contact OnePlus as i tried the number on the number on their UK site and couldn't get through.

Well this is the web address....if you scroll down you see there is a live chat option within the contact us section

https://oneplus.net/uk/support

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 21 of 46

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144149 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions

I am advised by a friend that you can call "force majeure" in this case.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Force_majeure

I will quote the message I have received and the clarification thereof.

I am no legal expert but take the advice from a trusted friend.

"This is a situation where Kem-94 can declare "Force Majeure" on the contract because O2 are unable to comply with the terms of the contract, in that O2 cannot replace with same or similar specification device. 

This situation was unforeseeable to Kem-94 at the time they agreed the contract"

"When the contract was agreed Kem-94 could not foresee, that in the event of requiring a device replacement, O2 would be unable to provide the same or a technically similar device. So declaring Force Majeure, Kem-94 needs to return the device to O2 and the contract is null and void with no penalties incurred by either party. All Kem-94 is required to do is to pay any call+data costs incurred to the point of Force Majeure. 

But by declaring FM, perhaps O2 will come up with a better offer.......but I wouldn't count on it !

If O2 accept FM then Kem-94 needs to arrange a new device and a new call package contract."

Hope this helps.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 22 of 46

Cleoriff
  • 122800 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Well ....I hope O2 have an understanding of 'Force Majeure' .....:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 23 of 46

MI5
  • 144149 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
No chance - It'll confuse the hell out of them and as such, may just work tongue
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 24 of 46

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the replies! I am familiar with the term force majeure but didn't think to use it in this situation. I will take your friend's advice on board and try ringing back tomorrow. And I think there's definitely a high chance the person onthe other end won't have a clue what force majeure is, so hopefully, it may work in my favour.

Message 25 of 46

MI5
  • 144149 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
Good luck and keep us updated please.

Currently using:
Message 26 of 46

Anonymous
Not applicable

Still no luck as it states in the T&Cs that an alternative is acceptable

Message 27 of 46

MI5
  • 144149 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
Acceptable to who though?

Currently using:
Message 28 of 46

Cleoriff
  • 122800 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

If those T&C's were part of the agreement you 'signed for' ...then basically you have agreed to them I suspect...?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 29 of 46

MI5
  • 144149 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
Yes, but it's the definition of "acceptable alternative" that is in question.

Currently using:
Message 30 of 46