cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Samsung GT-S5830i not compatible for apps

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all, Please can someone help me before i go to o2 for a refund lol!!... I got a brand new mobile phone from the o2 shop, a Samsung GT-S5830i. Its a good phone for the usual uses but i want to be able to get candy crush saga game on my phone. I have downloaded Adobe reader which is compatible and sucessfully downloaded but for some reason candy crush saga keeps saying not compatible with my phone. I have ensured that all the softwares and devices etc are all up to date and they are, but for some reason it wont work on my phone. Altho my mate has exactly the same phone as me and hers worked straight away no problems! Please help and explain to me what i need to do and how i need to do it, or would the o2 shop be able to help me?? Thanks Emz xx

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

macblank
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 520 Posts
  • 19 Topics
  • 23 Solutions
Android dones are similar to windows, in that certain stuff is only compatible with certain versuons.

It could be the game is for android 2.3 and u have 2.1 etc etc

So thats probably the problem.

Best to go to.play.com on a pc. Sign in and ull see if tjere are version issues.more easily.
Old Phone Geek!!! A Mobile User Since 1993
Samsung Galaxy S3

Feel Free to Add Kudos, If I Have Helped slight_smile

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

macblank
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 520 Posts
  • 19 Topics
  • 23 Solutions
Android dones are similar to windows, in that certain stuff is only compatible with certain versuons.

It could be the game is for android 2.3 and u have 2.1 etc etc

So thats probably the problem.

Best to go to.play.com on a pc. Sign in and ull see if tjere are version issues.more easily.
Old Phone Geek!!! A Mobile User Since 1993
Samsung Galaxy S3

Feel Free to Add Kudos, If I Have Helped slight_smile
Message 2 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank u will try now xx

Message 3 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143188 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27460 Solutions
Download Samsung Kies onto your PC http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/usefulsoftware/KIES/JSP and update your phones software first.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 4