cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not registered to network

Anonymous
Not applicable

A couple of weeks ago I lost my phone, a Samsung Galaxy S7 edge.  I called O2 who sent me a new SIM card, which for the last week I have been using in an old handset without any problem.

I have now got the S7 edge back (I left it on a plane and it has been returned to me by the airline's lost property), but it will not work with the new SIM.  It won't connect to Wifi and when I try to make a phone call it says "not registered to network".  I assumed that the handset was blocked and called O2 to ask them to unblock it.  They told me it wasn't showing as blocked and should be working.  They asked me to try resetting network connections and to try switching the phone on and off a couple of times.  Neither of these worked.  They had no other suggestions.

Can anyone suggest any other things I could try, or do I need to take the phone to an O2 shop?  It isn't a problem with the SIM as it still works in the old handset.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Call customer service and ask them to lift the imei block on the phone http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Call customer service and ask them to lift the imei block on the phone http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the advice. I have called customer service again. The two people I have spoken to have given conflicting information. The first said the phone wasn't blocked. The second said it was, and the block will take 24 hours to lift. Fingers crossed.
Message 3 of 5

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
I assure you it will have been blocked and 24 hours is a max. Fingers crossed it will be quicker for you.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 5

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hey @Anonymous did you manage to get the block lifted in the end? slight_smile

Message 5 of 5