cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nokia Lumia 520

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, I have low mobile internet allowance with my tariff and have used it in a couple of days, despite only connecting to the wifi in my house. Should the internet connection automatically use free wifi or the O2 allowance first? And, how do I switch off the internet I have to pay for on the Nokia Lumia 520? I only want to access free internet. If anyone knows I'd appreciate advice!

Thanks slight_smile

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Nokia 520 Turn mobile data on or off

You can limit your data usage by turning off mobile data. You'll then not be able to access the internet using the mobile network. You can still use Wi-Fi even though mobile data is turned off.

1. Find "mobile network"
  • Slide your finger left on the display.
  • Press Settings.
  • Press mobile network.
2. Turn mobile data on or off
  • Press the field below "Data connection".
  • Press on or off.
3. Return to the home screen
  • Press the Home key to return to the home screen.
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

...I have low mobile internet allowance with my tariff and have used it in a couple of days, despite only connecting to the wifi in my house. Should the internet connection automatically use free wifi or the O2 allowance first? And, how do I switch off the internet I have to pay for on the Nokia Lumia 520? I only want to access free internet. If anyone knows I'd appreciate advice!

Your phone should use the WiFi in preference to your data allowance, so if you were connected to your home Wifi you shouldn't have used any data at all?

There should be somewhere within the settings (possibly under 'networks' or 'data' or similar) that will allow you to actually turn the data connection off completely so that you can only use Wifi. I don't have a Windows phone so don't know exactly where it is.

If you do turn of data however you will limit a lot of the features on the apps on your smartphone, and wont be able to send MMS messages (pictures) either.

Message 2 of 3

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Nokia 520 Turn mobile data on or off

You can limit your data usage by turning off mobile data. You'll then not be able to access the internet using the mobile network. You can still use Wi-Fi even though mobile data is turned off.

1. Find "mobile network"
  • Slide your finger left on the display.
  • Press Settings.
  • Press mobile network.
2. Turn mobile data on or off
  • Press the field below "Data connection".
  • Press on or off.
3. Return to the home screen
  • Press the Home key to return to the home screen.
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 3 of 3