cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No sim card installed.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can anyone throw some light on this.

My phone all of a sudden keeps popping up this message 'no network, install sim card'

There is a sim card installed, always has been, i've checked it, all ok. Seems a bit suspicious as I have just paid off my phone. So only now paying for usage, not handset.

Anyone else getting the message?

thank you.

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

You could also try your sim in another phone,that way you can say if is an account or a sim issue. If the sim is working it would point to a phone or network problem. Has there been any phone software updates by the manufacturer? 

We can suggest all manner of other things but you need to do some self diagnosis so we know in which direction to point you.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
It could just be a sim card failure.
You can try removing and reinserting it or get a free replacement in your local o2 shop.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 8

jonsie
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

You could also try your sim in another phone,that way you can say if is an account or a sim issue. If the sim is working it would point to a phone or network problem. Has there been any phone software updates by the manufacturer? 

We can suggest all manner of other things but you need to do some self diagnosis so we know in which direction to point you.

Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have tried my sim in another phone, same issue.

Just seems such a coincidence that it stops working a day after my contract finishes! Will go to an 02 shop at weekend, thanks everyone.

Message 4 of 8

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
There's no reason for O2 to cancel your airtime unless you requested it.
Is your account still active in your MyO2 ?
http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 8

Izzo
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Same problem here. I think it's a sabotage.
Message 6 of 8

Izzo
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
My own started same day I paid off my phone. I have called customer service and it doesn't seem as if anyone cares anyway. So let's get as many people experiencing same problem and we can report this. Very unethical 😡😠👎
Message 7 of 8

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

Maybe @Anonymous could come back and let us know what the problem was?

Currently using:
Message 8 of 8