cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New phone

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there, can somebody please give me some advice please? Right, today I upgraded my phone, I recycled my old one, and was told my new phone would be up and running in 10 mins. Well that was before  lunch time and we are now 8 hrs (nearly) later. My new phone takes a different size sim etc that the girl sorted out for me in store, but I'm getting a message saying "not registered on network "? I have looked up how to register on line, but as I don't have a phone (recycled) for O2 to text me back on, how am I meant to get my phone to work??? Please be gentle as I'm a bit of a technophobe! Lol + I live about 40 mins away from the store! Grrrrrrrrrr

sorry for such a long post and many thanks if you've managed to read this far!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Have you turned your phone off and on ?
If it still won't connect you can try and give CS a call from a landline http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there, yeah I've tried that, thanks 🙂 I think before I throw my nice new A5 out the window. I'll try that number. If all else fails I'll just have to go back tomorrow. Thank you 🙂

Message 3 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
It can take upto 24 hours to activate but it is usually much quicker.
It's worth you calling CS though, just to check that it has been requested as they may have assumed you would be using your old sim.
If you still have that and it fits, use it, but if you left it with the phone you recycled call immediately to get a sim swap started.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 5

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hey @Anonymous How are you doing? slight_smile Did you get your new phone to work alright in the end?

Message 5 of 5