cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Samsung J3 (2016) failed again

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I bought a new Galaxy J3 from O2 over 2 years, about five months ago. It failed in the first week, with the inner part of the touchscreen cracking.

After being told by the people in the store and the online help that I must have broken it (!), they replaced it with a new J3 after I stated I'd be very happy to let the County Court decide about iit.

Now, after a couple of months, the USB port developed a fault, then totally failed rendering the phone unchargeable. I cannot face the same hassle as I got from O2 last time so have bought a SIM-free Moto G4 from Amazon and will probably have to absorb the loss unless I can face the long hard road of complaining to O2, being accused of damaging it, and possible County Court case.

The moral of the story: Samsung J3 is the only new mobile phone I've had break in 20 years, and it's happened twice in a few months. Don't bother.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Why not send it off to Samsung, at least you will get a true response rather than fighting it out with O2.

Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

PS - It's also got 40 quid's worth of train tickets on it that I won't be able to use now. Just as the icing on the cake.

At least it hasn't burst into flames (yet) though eh?

Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sending it to Samsung is an option I suppose, but legal responsibility to me is with the retailer (O2). Thanks.

Message 4 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143456 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Depends if you value your principles or the train tickets higher, I guess?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 6

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9992 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

They will swap over you train tickets to the new handset, just call the company you bought the tickets from and they will walk you through it.. 

I have done this with my iPhone when it got replaced took 10minutes on the phone to the train company. 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 6 of 6