cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My phone keeps saying not registered to network what do I do

Anonymous
Not applicable

My phone says there's no net work registered what is this

It looks like you landed on a popular topic that many are viewing!

Why not register to our community to be able to ask related questions if you need additional help, and interact with other members?

See also here some information on how to get started with the community and what other great things you could do here as a member. Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143451 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

It means the sim card is no longer talking to the network.
This is either a phone or sim issue / failure.
Try your sim in another phone first and if that works your phone is faulty or barred.
If sim doesn't work in another phone it could be a network issue. Check here http://status.o2.co.uk/ or it may mean you need a new sim card which any O2 store can help you with.

Note: For further network troubleshooting advice, please refer to the How can I sort out my network issues? guide in our How-to Guides section, here. Smiley Happy

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
  • 143451 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

It means the sim card is no longer talking to the network.
This is either a phone or sim issue / failure.
Try your sim in another phone first and if that works your phone is faulty or barred.
If sim doesn't work in another phone it could be a network issue. Check here http://status.o2.co.uk/ or it may mean you need a new sim card which any O2 store can help you with.

Note: For further network troubleshooting advice, please refer to the How can I sort out my network issues? guide in our How-to Guides section, here. Smiley Happy

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I have received my new Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini along with a new mini SIM Card via O2 refresh.

I cannot register onto O2, the message "Registering on O2 - UK..." remains and it never connects. I still have my old working SIM but it doesn't fit the S4 mini.  

Any help would be much appreciated

Message 3 of 8

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Hi you need to perform a sim swap.
Go to swapmysim.o2.co.uk and follow the instructions there.
Message 4 of 8

jonsie
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

MI5
  • 143451 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
working link here wink
http://swapmysim.o2.co.uk/

Currently using:
Message 6 of 8

teccer
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I had same problem with my S4, I have another S4, swapping the sims over and they both worked which told me it wasn't the phones or the sim at fault, I repeated this many times with the same result.

so I took the sims out of the adaptors and swapped the sims over into each others adaptor,

it worked !!!!! now both phones work perfectly.

for some reason the phone that kept giving me the no network message, the adaptor didn't like that phone but works in my other.

so all I can suggest it to fit the "faulty?" sim into another sim adaptor.

hope this helps somebody,

Message 7 of 8

Macca53
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

And that will not work there either

Message 8 of 8