cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message centre number

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello, my husband is on 02 contract & he upgraded to a new phone , he passed his S6 edge to me ,we did factory reset etc , I fitted my o2 pay as you go simply card, set up message centre number , my question is why will the phone store the correct message centre number for pay as you go, when you switch phone off & switch back on it returns to pay monthly message centre number, so we then got to put in the correct number in
Thank you
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144142 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27618 Solutions
The phone should read the number off the sim card which suggest you actually have a contract sim, not a payg one.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 8

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hey @Anonymous, I hope you're having a nice Friday! Did you manage to sort out the message centre number issue in the end that you were describing? Cheers

Message 3 of 8

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
Try texting ' activate ' to 2020
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 4 of 8

jonsie
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6966 Solutions

@Curr946 wrote:
Try texting ' activate ' to 2020

Sorry but that won't help. The message centre number will simply revert to that read off the sim at the next reboot.. 

Message 5 of 8

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
Ah ok slight_smile
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

I had the same issue for ages.  Every time I restarted my phone I had to change the message service number.  

I went into 02 and asked for a SIM swap to a new SIM card (make sure you state if you're on pay & go or contract as this is what caused my issue in the first place).  My phone has worked perfectly ever since.

Message 7 of 8

MI5
  • 144142 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27618 Solutions
Glad you figured it out wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 8