Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost text on Samsung S3 help please....

Poppysmum
Level 19: Quirky
  • 1332 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 7 Solutions

Help if possible .... Yesterday i wanted to find an old text i had saved on Samsung Kies on my PC. I downloaded all the texts from Kies to my S3 then when they had downloaded realised the ones on my phone had disappeared . Is there anyway i can get these disappeared texts back please?.

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Unfortnately yes :(. For future either use SMS Backup or backup to Kies before restoring. Kies will store backups in date files so you can choose which ones to restore separately. Further backups are stored in a new file and do not overwrite existing backups.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Did you back up before restoring the old text file? If so, they will be on kies in a file under yesterdays date. If no backup you have lost them unfortunately. The restore process just replaces the entire directory, it does not merge them.

You can use SMS Back Up off Google Play which will allow you to back up your texts and you can then send them to your GMail account to view on your PC at any time you wish without having to restore them to your phone.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 6

Poppysmum
  • 1332 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 7 Solutions
Thanks for replying. No i did not back up before restoring . I did think about doing it but thought it would override the ones already stored in Kies . So are they lost now ?
Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Unfortnately yes :(. For future either use SMS Backup or backup to Kies before restoring. Kies will store backups in date files so you can choose which ones to restore separately. Further backups are stored in a new file and do not overwrite existing backups.....

Currently using:
Message 4 of 6

Poppysmum
  • 1332 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 7 Solutions

Thank you slight_frown

Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
No Problem, sorry you lost your texts...... 😞

Currently using:
Message 6 of 6