cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lag on calls and voices sound slow

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all,

I have a Sony Xperia Z1 which I've had for a few months.

When I make voice calls the person on the other end sounds as if their voice has been slowed down and they complain of delay the same as if they are speaking to someone abroad etc.

Has anyone else experienced this ? Any idea of a fix as it is extremely annoying.

Thanks

Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143406 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
If it persists, you may need to get a new sim card.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Check your service status first by entering your postcode.

http://status.o2.co.uk/

Remove your sim and clean it with a dry cloth as that may help.

A soft reset may help.

A hard reset too but make a backup first as this can delete saved data.

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z1-Z1s/Xperia-Z1-Physical-Hard-Reset-Button-FOUND/td-p/369607

Message 2 of 11

MI5
  • 143406 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
It's a setting on the phone so no need for resets and not signal related either.
Go into Settings >Call settings and check if "slow talk" is ticked?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the quick tips guys.

'Slow Talk' was ticked. This has made what I'm hearing on my end sound less weird but sadly hasn't changed the delay issue.

Soft reset and cleaning the sim hasn't sorted it either. Will try a backup and factory reset once I get home.

Message 4 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for the quick tips guys.

'Slow Talk' was ticked. This has made what I'm hearing on my end sound less weird but sadly hasn't changed the delay issue.

Soft reset and cleaning the sim hasn't sorted it either. Will try a backup and factory reset once I get home.

Let us know how you get on.

Message 5 of 11

MI5
  • 143406 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

but sadly hasn't changed the delay issue.

That will most likely be network related and could be either you or the receiving party.

Apologies as I didn't realise the delay was a separate issue to the slow talk....

Currently using:
Message 6 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

but sadly hasn't changed the delay issue.

That will most likely be network related and could be either you or the receiving party.

Apologies as I didn't realise the delay was a separate issue to the slow talk....

No apologies necessary, I appreciate all and any help.

The O2 status page doesn't say anything is wrong in my area and the delay issue has been with me for a couple of weeks now. I've been phoning around several different people on different phones and networks and everyone says they just get the delay problem with me.

I will still try the factory reset later but any suggestions in the mean time will be gratefully received slight_smile

Message 7 of 11

MI5
  • 143406 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
If it persists, you may need to get a new sim card.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi - did you get a resolution to the voice delay on your sony.  I have the same issue.

Message 9 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmmm. I happen to have a Z1 Compact (Mini), as everyone was having Sony around in the thread.

I confirmed it has something to do with the Sony phones. I switched to an LG D410 and it's way better!

On Sony, even it became more stretched in lagging over time.

I have no clue, how can we manage to set this right in the developer menu.

Message 10 of 11