cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG V30

Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyone know if o2 intend to stock the LG V30 when it comes out?

Message 1 of 33
32 REPLIES 32

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Agree. Exemplary service from CPW....Others should take note.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 21 of 33

a_hcir
Level 5: Ponderer
  • 133 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@gmarkj wrote:

You're doing a great job of selling this as my next phone!
Did you look at the Huawei Mate 10 Pro or was that not out at the time?

To be honest I ruled out Huawei after my 6P came back from Huawei's repair (well known battery issue with the 6P) and looked a bit worse for wear for it (few dints/kinks in case where they'd removed it).  I was targeting the S8+, Pixel 2 XL and Note 8 for my next phone (need a biggun :-)) and the V30 was the only one that had a sensible monthly cost.  If the Note 8 dropped to sensible prices (as it probably will early 2018) I'd probably have picked that.  

Message 22 of 33

a_hcir
  • 133 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Agree. Exemplary service from CPW....Others should take note.

I was really surprised, to be honest.  I had half expected a speech to do with some kind of hidden policy on the number of allowable dead pixels, but the lady just tapped around the screen to ensure it was dead - asked me when I purchased it and agreed to an exchange immediately.

Message 23 of 33

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions

Ah. Fair enough re Huawei.
I am probably going to go for the LG:
- RAM/ROM wise the V30 and the Mate 10 Pro are similar, but the LG has expandable storage.
- Both use an OLED screen, but the V30 has a higher resolution.
- Camera wise I prefer the V30 set up - I tend to be more a landscape than a person photographer (although I am no Viridis by any standard!). The neural processor on the Mate 10 does look and sound cool, but not sure how much of an impact it would have on my photos.
- The Mate has a larger battery, but from what I have read/watched the V30 still last > 1 day, which is an improvement on the G4 I am using.

- I am intrigued by the possibilty of using the Mate 10 as a desktop replacement ala the Note 8, but am I likely to do so often enough to justify it...

Ultimately I will have to visit a shop to get a handle on both to see how they feel in the hand, and then just got to wait the last couple of months before my upgrade is due, and decide which network to go with...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 24 of 33

a_hcir
  • 133 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

You'll also have the Oneplus 5T to consider then, which fixes the one issue with the 5 that put me off - the low screen resolution, and I reckon there will be softenings in the price of the Note 8/S8+ if you're interested in them.

If the 5T was available when I came to upgrade I suspect I would have strongly considered purchasing it SIM free and going SIM only.  

I'm confused with LG's strategy with the V30 given that it's a very exciting phone - it's exclusive to CPW and apparently there are next to no demo units out there - it was the first time they'd seen one in my local store when I took mine in for exchange!  

Message 25 of 33

gmarkj
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions

Yes the 5T has further muddied the waters - I had notionally decided on the v30 before that was announced!

Will need to visit a retailer that carries them all to see how they feel in the hand and which one I like best.

Not so sure on the Samsungs - TouchWiz was not fun to use either on my last or on my wifes, plus the fingerprint sensor is a little out of the way...

Edited to add: are you using a case/skin/screen protector on it? Have had the G4 in a case from day 1 (thankfully) and the cases have been extremely good value (lots of drops onto concrete/tarmac).

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Message 26 of 33

a_hcir
  • 133 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I don't get why people restrict their phone choices over the launcher used like Touchwiz - just replace it with "Google Now Launcher" - it's sleek, functional and it gives you a nice feed of news/weather/traffic etc.  I find it really useful. 

I'm using a cheap flip case I purchased from Amazon for £6.  Not entirely enamoured with it, but it works and looks smart enough.  When it closes the phone is good enough to know to disable the always on display, so it's nice to know it's saving a little bit of battery when in my pocket.  I think this will be the first phone I probably won'y fit a screen protector to - apparently the glass ones always have bubbles due to the curved screen.  I'm a little reassured by a Youtube video where a guy uses a sharp blade to scratch the screen and it looks like he had to press pretty damn hard to mark it.

Actually, I've jsut remembered..  LG are going to send me a case and screen protector next month as a thank you for purchasing the phone on release and filling a survey.  Wonder if they'll be any good?

Message 27 of 33

gmarkj
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions

That is very true and I must admit that I hadn't thought of that. Might have to away and try on the G4 to see how I get on.
I had heard of the screen protector issues which is why I though to ask.
Are there any headphones in the box? I have seen some unboxing videos and most do not show any, but other places mention a pair of Bang&Olufsen that are included...

Message 28 of 33

a_hcir
  • 133 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@gmarkj wrote:

Are there any headphones in the box? I have seen some unboxing videos and most do not show any, but other places mention a pair of Bang&Olufsen that are included...

Yep, the UK model comes with a pair of B&O earphones.  Not tried them yet, but the headphone output is amazing both with my regular headphones and when connected to the Aux In on my car.

Message 29 of 33

Skyhawk1010
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 150 Posts
  • 18 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Is it fully 4G voice and WiFi voice compatible on O2 please  

Message 30 of 33