cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG G4 bootloop issue and atrocious customer service

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all, I need some advice on next steps please as i'm at the end of my tether with o2

I got the LG G4 on refresh last march 2016 after my Xperia z1 gave up the ghost and became a brick. It was sat on its charging cradle on Friday night and started with the boot loop issue, took the battery out, tried hard reset etc nothing. Did a webchat who said take it to store.

Saturday morning, went into store, had two options, pay off contract for £210 and have a brick or be without a phone and send it away. I opted for the latter and it arrived there today. I had a text to say it had arrived and one late this evening to say 'The problem with your phone isn't covered by the warranty. But we'll give you a repair quote. Just call the shop'

It was too late to ring as they'd been shut for a couple of hours so I don't know what the issue it, its not been dropped/exposed to water/damaged or anything. It has a hard case and screen protector so in excellent condition.

Having been with o2 for a good few years, i'm really fed up that I've got no working phone (i was offered an alcatel but my phone was my diary, notebook, camera and internet access), that i've now got a very expensive and un usuable brick, i'm paying for data which I won't be using for this period while the phone is out of action as i've resorted to an old 2g htc and when i've been in store or phoned up i've had a lack of interest and a view that its not their problem.

I've sent two complaint emails in (saturday and monday) and not heard a thing. I am furious that this fault was known about in the phone/tech industry before i bought it, if i'd have known i'd have chosen another product.

Sorry for the rant, just at the end of tether with this and o2 and want to get matters sorted.

Message 1 of 78
77 REPLIES 77

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
Oh, and forgot to mention, I don't even know if it is fixed. I just assume it is as it has been sent out!!

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 61 of 78

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Bureaucracy at it's very best !
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 62 of 78

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

What an absolute nightmare @gmarkj. I hope to god it is sorted soon...:smileysad:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 63 of 78

gmarkj
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions

I've been afraid to post this as spelling it out might send me over the edge, Michael Douglas Falling Down style...
So, after promising (twice) the phone would be picked up on Tuesday and delivered to me at work on Wednesday, it wasn't.
Called them Tues evening to check it had been collected, profuse apologies and a promise it would be picked up Wed.
Called Wed morning to find out the driver hadn't picked it up when he was delivering but that he would definitely go back on his way back to the depot and get it.
Called again last night to be told that it didn't look like he had.
Fuming doesn't come close.
The person I spoke to said that the "easiest" way to get the phone back to me would be to put a return to sender note on the delivery so it went back to LG. When it gets back to them they can then re-send it to me but at my home address, so even if no-one is in at home to sign for it when I go to pick it up from *somewhere* it at least has my name/address on it so I will be allowed to collect my phone.
Moral of the story: If something is being delivered to your work when you are not there, don't try and be clever and arrange to pick it up from somewhere else. Just get it delivered and get it when you go back to work. Or don't use DPD!!

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Message 64 of 78

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

A fiasco doesn't come close @gmarkj. What makes the whole saga even worse is that hindsight is a wonderful thing. slight_frown

I do have to say though I have never had a problem with any DPD delivery. Even though they require a signature I have, on 2 occasions, nominated my next door neighbour to receive goods when I haven't been in..

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 65 of 78

gmarkj
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
Well it appears to have all gone wrong again.
After the phone call on Wed I decided to email the director of customer experience as there is an option to send her feedback.
I got a response on Thu morning that a) she was on holiday but b) she has passed it on to someone on the executive desk which I take to be a kind of higher up support team. He was astounded at how wrong everything had gone and was going to arrange a courier to collect the phone and deliver it to me at home yesterday.
Unfortunately the driver covering Halfords appears to have collected the phone before the courier got there to pick it up, meaning it went back to the sortation warehouse down the road from my house. Because the parcel wasn't scanned back in until almost 8pm there was nothing else they could do last night. Except phone me to tell me this when the courier couldn't pick it up, but that would be good customer service and we can't have that!!
So I am now at a complete loss as to what is going on. Is the phone going back to LG so they can try again, or are they going to attempt another courier to collect and deliver I don't know.
To make matters worse I currently have no signal due to the boost box at work (an o2 one as well) having no signal so not sure if they can call me. (Although I have re-installed Tu on my old phone just in case they try....)

Message 66 of 78

Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow this has now surpassed my unlocking fiasco @gmarkj Hope it has a happy ending like mine did!

Message 67 of 78

gmarkj
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
So. Where to start?
Device finally got delivered on Friday, but due to real life I only got a chance to check it last night.
Motherboard has been replaced, so now have a new IMEI number.
Interestingly the new IMEI is lower than the old (old one started 3598 new one is 3597) - no idea if this means anything?!?
Phone works fine - just the arduous task of getting everything back on it. Serves me right for not doing a backup!
Going to put a note in the diary to do one every month just in case...

Message 68 of 78

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

All I can say is...congratulations on getting it back!!

As for the rest of it.....well enjoy setting it  all up again....Fear

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 69 of 78

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
My work phone is backed up daily.
You never know when something could go wrong!
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 70 of 78