cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG G4 bootloop issue and atrocious customer service

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all, I need some advice on next steps please as i'm at the end of my tether with o2

I got the LG G4 on refresh last march 2016 after my Xperia z1 gave up the ghost and became a brick. It was sat on its charging cradle on Friday night and started with the boot loop issue, took the battery out, tried hard reset etc nothing. Did a webchat who said take it to store.

Saturday morning, went into store, had two options, pay off contract for £210 and have a brick or be without a phone and send it away. I opted for the latter and it arrived there today. I had a text to say it had arrived and one late this evening to say 'The problem with your phone isn't covered by the warranty. But we'll give you a repair quote. Just call the shop'

It was too late to ring as they'd been shut for a couple of hours so I don't know what the issue it, its not been dropped/exposed to water/damaged or anything. It has a hard case and screen protector so in excellent condition.

Having been with o2 for a good few years, i'm really fed up that I've got no working phone (i was offered an alcatel but my phone was my diary, notebook, camera and internet access), that i've now got a very expensive and un usuable brick, i'm paying for data which I won't be using for this period while the phone is out of action as i've resorted to an old 2g htc and when i've been in store or phoned up i've had a lack of interest and a view that its not their problem.

I've sent two complaint emails in (saturday and monday) and not heard a thing. I am furious that this fault was known about in the phone/tech industry before i bought it, if i'd have known i'd have chosen another product.

Sorry for the rant, just at the end of tether with this and o2 and want to get matters sorted.

Message 1 of 78
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144183 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
You can try resolver to raise your complaint through http://www.resolver.co.uk/ or contact LG directly.
LG have agreed to change motherboards so this sounds like another of Anovo's attempts to get money out of customers for warranty repairs.
https://www.lg.com/uk/support/repair-warranty/request-repair-sign-in
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 78
77 REPLIES 77

MI5
  • 144183 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
You can try resolver to raise your complaint through http://www.resolver.co.uk/ or contact LG directly.
LG have agreed to change motherboards so this sounds like another of Anovo's attempts to get money out of customers for warranty repairs.
https://www.lg.com/uk/support/repair-warranty/request-repair-sign-in
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 78

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, will try resolver next and LG once i've got the phone back. Doesn't help the inconvenience though and i feel so disillusioned by everyone i've spoken to on the phone and instore. 

Message 3 of 78

MI5
  • 144183 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
We hear lots of similar reports unfortunately.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 78

Anonymous
Not applicable

well i was loyal up until this week when this has happened and i've had two o2 travel charges added to my bill- got that sorted but have no faith in them at all

Message 5 of 78

MI5
  • 144183 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
We had the same bootloop issue with another customer recently https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Android-Devices-Samsung-HTC-Sony/LG-G4/m-p/1034057#U1034057

Currently using:
Message 6 of 78

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi mate,

I've had a similar problem 2 weeks back (i.e the person that reported the issue in MI5's post above). Did you buy the phone on O2's refresh contract? If so your phone is covered by a 24 month warranty, I had to prove my proof of purchase because the phone was older than 12 months. So I don't know why they are charging you? I can send you the email address to prove to Anovo of your PoP, but you will need to request this from O2 Customer Service first, it will take them 1 day to email it to you. 

PS They wanted to charge me £25 for replacing the motherboard. Be interested to see what they want from you.

Message 7 of 78

Anonymous
Not applicable

Also you should have a tracking number, again this is not the repair number and you have to ring customer service for it or go through O2 chat to get it. It should look similar to this: TELEF-BK-0000XXXXX, you can then download the quote/track progress of your repair.

Or I can give you the number for Anovo, if you want to call them?

PS Once you get the phone back, if your phone was unlocked before, it will be locked to O2. I got £50 back after going to complaints for being useless in reparing my phone, but still waiting for my unlatching code, they have sent off to the maunfacture for it, have to wait 10 working days. (Currently on Day 4)

Message 8 of 78

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Deja Vu. This company will do anything at all possible to make money out of a customer if they possibly can. At least on the link above you will see the hoops the customer had to jump through before getting it sorted.

Message 9 of 78

Anonymous
Not applicable

I had to provide proof of purchase which took a day and 3 chases to get. I emailed it to store yesterday afternoon so hoping they can now progress. They did quote a £25 charge but when i went in store, someone recognised it as a this means they want PoP. Just wish there was more clarity.

Regarding charges, the charge was if I wanted to pay off the device plan on refresh which I can't afford to do but can't afford to have another few days without my phone, its already disruptive enough. My biggest gripe is that this fault was well know about when i upgraded and there was no warning or hint, if I'd have known there was an issue i'd have chosen a different phone and probably wouldn't have wasted hours trying to get in touch with the different people in o2.

I also have no confidence at all in the phone when it comes back and will look to change as soon as I can as I cannot have something that isn't reliable

Message 10 of 78