cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG G4 bootloop issue and atrocious customer service

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all, I need some advice on next steps please as i'm at the end of my tether with o2

I got the LG G4 on refresh last march 2016 after my Xperia z1 gave up the ghost and became a brick. It was sat on its charging cradle on Friday night and started with the boot loop issue, took the battery out, tried hard reset etc nothing. Did a webchat who said take it to store.

Saturday morning, went into store, had two options, pay off contract for £210 and have a brick or be without a phone and send it away. I opted for the latter and it arrived there today. I had a text to say it had arrived and one late this evening to say 'The problem with your phone isn't covered by the warranty. But we'll give you a repair quote. Just call the shop'

It was too late to ring as they'd been shut for a couple of hours so I don't know what the issue it, its not been dropped/exposed to water/damaged or anything. It has a hard case and screen protector so in excellent condition.

Having been with o2 for a good few years, i'm really fed up that I've got no working phone (i was offered an alcatel but my phone was my diary, notebook, camera and internet access), that i've now got a very expensive and un usuable brick, i'm paying for data which I won't be using for this period while the phone is out of action as i've resorted to an old 2g htc and when i've been in store or phoned up i've had a lack of interest and a view that its not their problem.

I've sent two complaint emails in (saturday and monday) and not heard a thing. I am furious that this fault was known about in the phone/tech industry before i bought it, if i'd have known i'd have chosen another product.

Sorry for the rant, just at the end of tether with this and o2 and want to get matters sorted.

Message 1 of 78
77 REPLIES 77

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12056 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
Once it is fixed you shouldn't have any issues.
Friend at work had his done (not sure if o2 or LG did it) but he said it has been a dream since.
I got one of the models produced after they had the issue and fixed at source. No problems (touch wood...)

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 11 of 78

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the update, you should get the phone back next day, once they receive the PoP. 

What I found with Resolver is if you've already logged a complaint with O2, they will ignore the resolver case.

I sent a separate complaint regarding my unlatching request and the hoops I had to jump through just to get them to send off to the manufacturer for the code, but got am sms saying they will come back to me in 3 working days, but not heard anything. I belive this is because the lady who dealt with my previous complaint got handed this 2nd complaint and has done nothing with it! Just waiting to see if they come up with my code, before taking this further. 

Message 12 of 78

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for the update, you should get the phone back next day, once they receive the PoP. 

What I found with Resolver is if you've already logged a complaint with O2, they will ignore the resolver case.

I sent a separate complaint regarding my unlatching request and the hoops I had to jump through just to get them to send off to the manufacturer for the code, but got am sms saying they will come back to me in 3 working days, but not heard anything. I belive this is because the lady who dealt with my previous complaint got handed this 2nd complaint and has done nothing with it! Just waiting to see if they come up with my code, before taking this further. 

Dear me, I wish you luck @Anonymous

Message 13 of 78

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

Still not unlocked !! Shocked

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 14 of 78

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Something is badly broken at O2 I'm afraid. If they are still number 1 for customer service then the other networks must be pants!

Message 15 of 78

gmarkj
  • 12056 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions

@gmarkj wrote:

I got one of the models produced after they had the issue and fixed at source. No problems (touch wood...)

had to open my mouth, didn't i. dammit....

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Message 16 of 78

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

gmarkj
  • 12056 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
yep.
been on to lg to request a repair.
got the phone end of march last year, so about 11 months.

Message 18 of 78

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

@gmarkj wrote:
yep.
been on to lg to request a repair.
got the phone end of march last year, so about 11 months.

Not risking O2 repairs service ? LOL

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 19 of 78

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions