cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this possible? (strange issue with battery life)

paulbacon
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 436 Posts
  • 69 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
So today for no reason (no app updates or anything recently) I noticed that my battery was dying quicker than normal when on 4G but doesn't die as quick on wifi. When I wasn't using the phone the battery life was as expected so wasn't a wakelock. It was only when using the phone and using data that the battery % went down a lot quicker than normal. A thought came to me that maybe the mast is having issues and draining more battery? Anyway I asked a friend where I work also on o2 and he noticed more battery drain today than usual. Interestingly there was also work on the mast where we both work yesterday. So is it possible that the mast is faulty or having issues, and draining the battery more than normal? Signal is fine and doesn't drop
Message 1 of 77
76 REPLIES 76

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Strange how it takes that before they listen to us ain't it wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 41 of 77

Anonymous
Not applicable

Im with Three and the same problem started for me this morning battery was down to 45% by lunchtime when normally its around that level at 10pm, the problem is not just limited to o2 seems to be affecting many networks!

Message 42 of 77

paulbacon
  • 436 Posts
  • 69 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks, thats good to see. Coming from an IT background geeky things like this always interest me
Message 43 of 77

MI5
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Im with Three and the same problem started for me this morning battery was down to 45% by lunchtime when normally its around that level at 10pm, the problem is not just limited to o2 seems to be affecting many networks!

That's even more weird!

Let us know if anything changes please @Anonymous 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 44 of 77

paulbacon
  • 436 Posts
  • 69 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
So it appears the issue has gone away. Been at work abit and battery drainage back to normal

Wonder how everyone else will fair?
Message 45 of 77

jonsie
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Seems a heavily edited thread now but at least people can find it if they're having the same issue.

Message 46 of 77

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
does seem strange that most of the posts that answer questions are no longer there...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 47 of 77

paulbacon
  • 436 Posts
  • 69 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Few other 3 network users reported issues yesterday too

Not sure why its been edited?
Message 48 of 77

MI5
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
The whole thread is a non sense now.....

Currently using:
Message 49 of 77

jonsie
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 50 of 77