cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this possible? (strange issue with battery life)

paulbacon
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 436 Posts
  • 69 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
So today for no reason (no app updates or anything recently) I noticed that my battery was dying quicker than normal when on 4G but doesn't die as quick on wifi. When I wasn't using the phone the battery life was as expected so wasn't a wakelock. It was only when using the phone and using data that the battery % went down a lot quicker than normal. A thought came to me that maybe the mast is having issues and draining more battery? Anyway I asked a friend where I work also on o2 and he noticed more battery drain today than usual. Interestingly there was also work on the mast where we both work yesterday. So is it possible that the mast is faulty or having issues, and draining the battery more than normal? Signal is fine and doesn't drop
Message 1 of 77
76 REPLIES 76

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

When everyone was having these issues with the battery drainage on phones, I was on PC....All I can tell you is messenger (on pc) kept disconnecting. ...with the message 'reconnecting in 10/9/8 seconds etc'.

Every time I clicked on FB I kept getting that message....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 71 of 77

MI5
  • 144205 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Never mind, it's fixed now....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 72 of 77

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Till the next time...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 73 of 77

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12061 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
...and yet another reason to avoid the FB apps!!!

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 74 of 77

MI5
  • 144205 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

@gmarkj wrote:
...and yet another reason to avoid the FB apps!!!

No argument from me slight_smile

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 75 of 77

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12061 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
Got rid as soon as they took up more space than all the other apps combined.
Plus why install two apps when you can use one browser for that, plus looking at the web? Madness!!!

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 76 of 77

MI5
  • 144205 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Sure is !

Currently using:
Message 77 of 77