cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the OnePlus 5 unlocked when purchasing from O2?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am interested in purchasing the OnePlus 5 from O2 soon, however i'm unsure if the device will be unlocked (or locked to O2 sim). I would like to insert a EE card rather than a O2 card, therefore does anyone know if O2 sells the device unlocked?

Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143445 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
It is fully unlocked on both sim slots and does not have any network branding on it either.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

MI5
  • 143445 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
It is fully unlocked on both sim slots and does not have any network branding on it either.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Fast answer, just what I was looking for. Thank you!
Message 3 of 11

MI5
  • 143445 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Enjoy slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 4 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Don't know if anyone can help - I want to purchase the oneplus 5 on pay as go and use my talkmobile sim.  I've spoken to a customer advisor they have said the phone will be locked to o2 and i can't use another sim.  Is this true?  I'm  not an o2 customer but I just want to buy the handset outright

Message 5 of 11

MI5
  • 143445 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
As already said, it is fully unlocked and unbranded.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks - I guess it's just very strange that the customer advisor was adamant the oneplus 5 was NOT unlocked at all and that I'd have to wait 12 months to unlock it if I bought through pay as you go... Doesn't seem like good customer service to me. 

Message 7 of 11

MI5
  • 143445 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
They do it to put people off buying them if they don't think it will be used on o2......

Currently using:
Message 8 of 11

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
They do it to put people off buying them if they don't think it will be used on o2......

Or perhaps they don't really have a clue as to the correct answer ? 

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 9 of 11

MI5
  • 143445 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Don't you remember the fuss caused when some ships refused to sell the 3 and 3T unless a simo or PAYG sim was bought at the same time?

Currently using:
Message 10 of 11