cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huawei p9 nougat update

Anonymous
Not applicable
Has anyone notice that their p9 isn't showing up on their o2 app just number and has anyone received an update to nougat yet I contacted Huawei and they said my firmware was a custom one from o2 and couldn't tell me a date contacted guro online and he said it's up to Huawei to release the updates confused
Message 1 of 218
217 REPLIES 217

Anonymous
Not applicable

Any news on the update @Chris_K?

Message 71 of 218

Wards5150
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Just checked firmware finder and there is an update available for C40. It's B196. Looks like it is still MM but will have the updated security patches. Come on O2 get sent out.
Message 72 of 218

Wards5150
  • 8 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Just checked firmware finder and there is an update available for C40. It's B196. Looks like it is still MM but will have the updated security patches. Come on O2 get sent it out.
Message 73 of 218

Ieuangjones
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I don't believe its huawei as I have had the same issue on 2-previous devices.....unless you have the latest phone nobodys interested....I plan to cease my contract when its up for renewal
Message 74 of 218

Wards5150
  • 8 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I will probably cancel my contract early. Terrible service from O2 so far. Nothing they do is easy. I've had to ring the call centre countless times regarding my bill. Will never use O2 again. They are so called testing it. Honestly how long can that take?.......Surely they could release the update and if people don't like it they can downgrade. Huawei has released a software rollback package so I don't see the hold up. Anyone from O2 care to comment?
Message 75 of 218

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143418 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
No one from O2 here mate - just customers like yourself.
You need to call if you want to speak to O2 http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 76 of 218

Wards5150
  • 8 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Tried that months ago got the Huawei O2 blame merry go round. Chris k from O2 seems to be the only O2 employee to care and respond. I know he can't make the update happen but we as customers would like to be kept in the loop.
Message 77 of 218

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143418 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

Well he was tagged a week or so back and hasn't responded to that so I assume silence means "nothing to report"

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 78 of 218

Anonymous
Not applicable
The builds I have used so far have been really poor compared to Marshmallow, especially when it comes to battery life. I rolled back to MM as I wasn't happy.
Message 79 of 218

Anonymous
Not applicable

6+ months behind now 😞 This thread has been going since early 2017 and not even a rough ETA from o2.

At this stage I want one of two things to happen:

- O2 assist with debranding and flashing the phone

- O2 offer a credit refund so I can upgrade to P10

We are still covered under warranty if we attempt to flash and manually update this ourselves (I have it in writing from two live chat agents who also checked with thier manager). I also verbally confirmed this to be the case with a guru in an o2 store in my local city.

Thing is if manually update we risk bricking phone and having to go through the gears of warranty claims machine and possibly be without a phone for a while. Not really an option.

Message 80 of 218