cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huawei p9 nougat update

Anonymous
Not applicable
Has anyone notice that their p9 isn't showing up on their o2 app just number and has anyone received an update to nougat yet I contacted Huawei and they said my firmware was a custom one from o2 and couldn't tell me a date contacted guro online and he said it's up to Huawei to release the updates confused
Message 1 of 218
217 REPLIES 217

version7point0
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 648 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 181 Solutions
Always felt networks take their own branding experience over the more tech savvy and informed customers experience with android.

Simple soloution. Let us opt into a stock manufacturer latest update without o2 testing (in all fairness you don't vet apple updates and we have all witnessed how they can go). Put the option in my o2 get a spreadsheet to collate the requests and send it to the imei's every so often.

That way it's not massively common knowledge so no tens of thousands running non o2 software. The impatient tech savvy such as myself are happy and throw in a disclaimer saying anovo will reset back to stock o2 on a repair.

I'm personally more likely to recommend o2 if they give customers this choice over having o2 pre-installed apps.
Message 61 of 218

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

We’d like to confirm that what you have heard from the above Huawei Live Chat is not true and we’ve reached out to Huawei to ensure they are providing customers with correct and accurate information.

We are dedicated to bringing the latest OS and security updates to our customers and we’ll always test these fully before release to ensure they don’t have any negative issues. Unfortunately we haven’t reached this stage yet as we are still waiting on Huawei providing us with software to test. We’d also like to highlight and stress that this isn’t an O2 issue – as far as we’re aware, no UK network has released the P9 Nougat update yet.

We're sorry for any frustration caused - we know you want to get the Nougat update as soon as possible and we'll continue doing all we can from our end. We'll keep you posted on any new info or updates we get, when we get them.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 62 of 218

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92912 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Seems fair enough @Chris_K, just a shame how everyone wants to pass the bullet these days. 

Message 63 of 218

Anonymous
Not applicable
Also if noticed my mate has hui tablet and he hasnt had 1 update for it since he had it last year
Message 64 of 218

TeeEmm
Level 1: Joiner
  • 31 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Chris_K wrote:

We’d like to confirm that what you have heard from the above Huawei Live Chat is not true and we’ve reached out to Huawei to ensure they are providing customers with correct and accurate information.

We are dedicated to bringing the latest OS and security updates to our customers and we’ll always test these fully before release to ensure they don’t have any negative issues. Unfortunately we haven’t reached this stage yet as we are still waiting on Huawei providing us with software to test. We’d also like to highlight and stress that this isn’t an O2 issue – as far as we’re aware, no UK network has released the P9 Nougat update yet.

We're sorry for any frustration caused - we know you want to get the Nougat update as soon as possible and we'll continue doing all we can from our end. We'll keep you posted on any new info or updates we get, when we get them.

Thanks for the info @Chris_K. I find it frustrating that O2 are not asking Huawei to pull their finger out. I guess its easy for Huawei to blame O2 when individuals question them... But as O2 are a major vendor of their phones and actually know the truth about the update, It would be impossible for Huawei to give them the cold shoulder..... 

My request to the Execs at O2 that deal with these technical issues would be to get a definitive response from Huawei and then officially publish that. In doing so, we know what the truth is and people dont need to go on rumours.

O2 owe it to their customers. I understand its a minority of techy customers who are after these as the majority are ignorant... But they are STILL CUSTOMERS! 

And as a direct & indirect customer of O2 and Huawei respectively, I would expect a little more information from both. After all its not rocket science to update the customer base... If it slips, then just keep people updated. Its the NOT KNOWING thats so frustrating.

The current plan is totally useless as O2 and Huawei both blame the other and the customers get squeezed/frustrated in the middle. On Web Chats Huawei UK have confirmed that the Unbranded P9 in the UK has had the update for several months and that O2 need to approve the update for it to be rolled out. However, O2 through people like @Chris_K have said that they are awaiting Huawei... Someones not telling the absolute truth!

Please please have pity on your customers who bough a top of the range phone last year so that it would be updated for at leaset a year or two! My phone is on the 1st September 2016 Android Security patch. So even from a security point of view we should have had updates. If Huwaei are not playing ball then O2 should refuse to do further business with them until they resolve existing issues on behalf of their loyal customers... But I see that O2 are offering both the P9 and P10 on their website. Why are O2 not using their powers???? Maybe its to sell the newer phones????

In addition, For @Chris_K, FYI, according to the Vodafone UK forums, People in the UK on the Vodafone Network and phones have started getting Android 7 updates as of Mid April 2017.

Rant Over! 

Message 65 of 218

Wards5150
  • 8 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Disgraceful behaviour by both 02 and Huawei. Looks like people will not be using these 2 firms again. I have always been a fan of Huawei phones as this is my 3rd......
It's like a chuckle brothers sketch...... To me to you....
Surely security updates should at least be sent even if full updates aren't ready.
There is very minimal O2 branding on my p9 now so i don't see the hold up.
Message 66 of 218

Wards5150
  • 8 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
How can you say that O2 are dedicated to getting the latest update to their customers. If you were didicated it would have happened already.
Message 67 of 218

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

@Wards5150 wrote:
How can you say that O2 are dedicated to getting the latest update to their customers. If you were didicated it would have happened already.

We can only release software updates that the vendor (ie, Huawei) has sent us and after a short period of testing it on our network - tests like ensuring texts, MMS & calls are sent and received correctly, for instance. We understand your frustration but we can't release software we don't have or haven't been sent. As soon as we have more info we're able to share, we'll update everyone here.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 68 of 218

Anonymous
Not applicable

Any update on this? Other networks seem to have rolled this out so don't see why O2 should be lagging behind? Disappointing. 

Message 69 of 218

TeeEmm
  • 31 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Nothing seems to be coming from O2. They Blame Huawei and Huawei blame O2 for the holdup.

Neither company can be trusted. I's so sorry I bought from O2!

I dont believe O2 are fighting our case, surely they can lean on HUAWEI if they are the ones holding it up.

Today I read that HUAWEI are stating that EMUI 5.1 will be out for the P9 by the end of May.... and We on O2 are still awaitind EMUI 5.0/Android 7!!!!! Details Here: Huawei EMUI 5.1 Update Release Date

I guess this is why people stick to mainstream vendors like Apple/Samsung! The worse thing is that people in the know on these forums say that they will keep us updated and then dont say anything for months on end! Any feedback is better than no feedback, even if its negative!

Message 70 of 218