cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huawei p9 nougat update

Anonymous
Not applicable
Has anyone notice that their p9 isn't showing up on their o2 app just number and has anyone received an update to nougat yet I contacted Huawei and they said my firmware was a custom one from o2 and couldn't tell me a date contacted guro online and he said it's up to Huawei to release the updates confused
Message 1 of 218
217 REPLIES 217

TeeEmm
Level 1: Joiner
  • 31 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Does anyone's P9 have an O2 splash screen? Mines certainly does not! Its does not have any O2 specific Apps, neither does the browser default page go to O2.co.uk

All this points to the fact that the device in more or less with the software that Huawei placed on there. Although Huawei for some reason think its O2 customised (Maybe the APN settings etc). 

I had always assumed that Operators, if they customised firmware at all, they only messed with Trivial things like those mentioned above which should take very little time!

Lets say for the sake of argument, that they did tweak it, whats the harm in telling youir customers that you will get the update but it needs tweaking/testing. That would reassures us that O2 are on the case.

As it turns out they just have the standard response that We release firmware updates as quick as we can, thus we cant give firm timescales. So very useful to the end users! NOT!

Why not just keep the users in the loop by offering very basic info like:

DATE             Comments

dd/mm/yyyy   Recieved XXXXXXXXX firmware from Manf for Huawei P9

dd/mm/yyyy   Start making O2 software customisations

dd/mm/yyyy   Start testing customisations; 

dd/mm/yyyy   Current estimated release to O2 devices (NOTE: May change and will be updated here)

Simple. That way we are all in the loop and dont keep asking/speculating about whats happening! Whatever happened to after sales support/feedback!

Message 41 of 218

Anonymous
Not applicable

Agreed! My P9 has no O2 customisation whatsoever @Chris_K

Message 42 of 218

TeeEmm
  • 31 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Chris_K wrote:

Nougat for the Huawei P9 is something we're looking into - we don't have any accurate ETA available to share but a Q1 release looks likely. Will keep you posted if/when there's more details but this may take a few more weeks.

Hi @Chris_K any further news on this... Its mid March. Surely you have something you could share with us.

Message 43 of 218

Anonymous
Not applicable

Looking forward to an update soon..??..

Message 44 of 218

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Maybe?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 45 of 218

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Maybe?

Tick blumming tock....Happy Dance

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 46 of 218

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Are you waiting too?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 47 of 218

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Are you waiting too?

Silly question...I think you know every phone I have..Popcorn:smileytongue:

No I was saying tick tock for those folk waiting for the P9 update

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 48 of 218

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Ah, gotcha slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 49 of 218

TeeEmm
  • 31 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I cant believe that those in the know cant even be bothered to give us an update!

Message 50 of 218