cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huawei p9 nougat update

Anonymous
Not applicable
Has anyone notice that their p9 isn't showing up on their o2 app just number and has anyone received an update to nougat yet I contacted Huawei and they said my firmware was a custom one from o2 and couldn't tell me a date contacted guro online and he said it's up to Huawei to release the updates confused
Message 1 of 218
217 REPLIES 217

TeeEmm
  • 31 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Nobody... O2 or Huawei care!!!! So very sad!

Message 91 of 218

Anonymous
Not applicable
I won't be buying any more phones from O2 if this is the level of software support we can expect to receive in the future.
Message 92 of 218

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Chris_Kone of the reasons people buy and spend large amounts of money on a flagship phone is to receive updates in a timely manner. I appreciate this is no longer the current flagship, however it was when the nougat update was released (almost a year ago now). So buying a flagship phone from a mainstream manufacturer and from one of the largest networks in the country I expected my device to be updated long before now and at the very least be kept informed of the progress. You have continually igonred my messages requesting an update and given as timelines plucked from thin air. As far as i can tell there is no reason for the Huawei P9 ROM to be locked to O2 as there are no visible customisations so what is the point in all this? If you did not bother locking the phones then all of this mess could be avoided and perhaps you could retain some of your customers!

I can however live with these shortcommings from O2 and Huawei. What I cant live with is the complete lack of respect to our security and protection from identity fraud. At the very least our devices should have recieved security updates by now. I contact Huawei and they fob me off saying that the device has not been subject to any security threats since the last updae (I find that very hard to believe given how long it's been). There now appears to be a very real threat detailed here http://www.techrepublic.com/article/every-ios-user-should-update-to-10-3-3-now-to-avoid-this-wi-fi-h... which as far as I can tell the P9 is vulnerable to. As my point of contact O2 should be demanded these updates from Huawei. They are there, sititing and waiting. It's not like they are still developing it. Its been ready for months. Why cant you just release it to us?

Message 93 of 218

Anonymous
Not applicable
The lack of response isn't impressive whatsoever. Has anyone tried tweeting at O2? I would but I'm not on it!
Message 94 of 218

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
All you'll get of Twitter is the same regurgitated corporate response that you can read on here.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 95 of 218

Anonymous
Not applicable
*sigh*. I see you're having the same fun with throttling!
Message 96 of 218

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Yes, it really is a joy right now!
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 97 of 218

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

I think all o2 staff have now got their tin hats on and suitably barricaded in!

Message 98 of 218

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 99 of 218

Anonymous
Not applicable
Can someone from O2 please respond and provide an update of some sort. It's been weeks since the last one.
Message 100 of 218