cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Htc Sensation restarting frequently

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have an htc sensation xe which keeps restarting. It has been sent away for repair 3 times by O2 but it doesn't seem to be repaired.

Can I ask for a new handset, I am paying good hardearned cash every month for a product and service which seems to be substandard.

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'll be paying a visit into the O2 store to see what they say, hopefully they offer me a new handset!

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

Normally when you send a phone away 3 times for the same fault you are within your rights to request an alternate handset of equal value and specifications.

Call customer service or request instore.

Message 2 of 9

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23071 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

Check the Android Forum link I suggested to another Sensation XE user in the thread below. He said it had sorted his problem. Might do the same for you:

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Android-Devices-Samsung-HTC-Sony/HTC-Sensation-XE-sense-crash-and-reboo...

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

slight_frown

Hi, I tried this 2 weeks ago after googling the problem but it didn't help me, thank for taking time to replying!

Message 4 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'll be paying a visit into the O2 store to see what they say, hopefully they offer me a new handset!

Message 5 of 9

Bambino
  • 23071 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

Sorry that wasn't any help to you. You are certainly within your rights to ask for a new handset if they haven't been able to correct the problem after three failed repairs for the same fault. Just as a word of warning, I have seen in other threads that some people have been given refurbished phones as replacements as opposed to brand new phones in certain instances. I'm not really sure what O2's policy is on this, but you should ask what you will be getting when asking for your phone to be replaced.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just a quick update, I took my phone to my local O2 store and they sent it away for repair again!

4 days later I received a brand new phone, they had also upgraded my phone to a newer model.

Result!!!

Message 7 of 9

Bambino
  • 23071 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

Excellent result! Glad to hear you got it sorted out.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 8 of 9

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions
Message 9 of 9