cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I delete a voice message (I have a Samsung Galaxy S2)

Anonymous
Not applicable

does anyone know how to delete a voice message?  Entering 3 (usually deletes) does not work in this case and I have disabled the voicemail function.

Somehow I have a voice message with O2 time (i.e the time now is 7.56 and 7 seconds, etc) - i have no idea how this happened, and I cannot delete it.  Which also means that I cannot listen to any other messages as this is continuous and I never get to the end of the message

Please help

thanks

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144065 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Is it an ex EE phone?
123 is the O2 speaking clock which is the same as the EE voicemail number.
You should be dialing 901 for O2 voicemail.
https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-Services/All-you-need-to-know-about-O2-Voicemail-901/m-...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

jonsie
  • 93149 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

Switch your phone off and leave yourself a vm message. Listen to it then you should have full delete options again. 

Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
thank you I will try and come back to you to let you know if it has worked
Message 3 of 8

MI5
  • 144065 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Is it an ex EE phone?
123 is the O2 speaking clock which is the same as the EE voicemail number.
You should be dialing 901 for O2 voicemail.
https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-Services/All-you-need-to-know-about-O2-Voicemail-901/m-...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello, unfortunately leaving myself a voice message did not work. I have also now realised that it is not actually a voice message, but instead it has somehow linked to a live time service. In other words it is giving me the live (correct) time for whenever I listen to the message.

Are you able to help with this?

thank you
Message 5 of 8

MI5
  • 144065 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
See my post above.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
BTW the time service is the O2 time service
Message 7 of 8

MI5
  • 144065 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Android-Devices-Samsung-HTC-Sony/How-do-I-delete-a-voice-message-I-hav...

Currently using:
Message 8 of 8