cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC One X Jelly Bean update - any news

Anonymous
Not applicable

Any idea when the HTC Jelly Bean update will be released for the One X?

I understand the forthcoming HTC One X+, listed as an October release on coming soon, will come with Jelly Bean already installed, does this mean other HTC Handsets should get the update a bit quicker, as I assume all the "testing" that O2 normally do on updates will already have been carried out for the new handset.

Message 1 of 356
355 REPLIES 355

Anonymous
Not applicable
finally got it. finally...
Message 311 of 356

Anonymous
Not applicable

Finally showing as available on my phone now, but not in a Wi-Fi zone to install yet...

Is it really only 1.25 MB? Is that an initial package to prompt the download?

Message 312 of 356

Anonymous
Not applicable
Downloading now. Phillpark - full update is 361 meg.
Message 313 of 356

Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks MickL, will use home Wi-Fi and not a sometimes unrelaiable BT Openzone then! How long is it taking people to install and get re-booted?

Message 314 of 356

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

thanks MickL, will use home Wi-Fi and not a sometimes unrelaiable BT Openzone then! How long is it taking people to install and get re-booted?

whole process took about 10 mins.

Message 315 of 356

Anonymous
Not applicable
Downloading it as we speak .. WOOP WOOP!!!
Message 316 of 356

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just checked for updates and got first the small 1.29 MB update that should sort out some power consumption issues, the phone restarted and after checking again for updates got the popular up for JB! Now downloading... but my wifi antenna has the factory defect and hope it won't disconnect me 😞 I will probably taken to an O2 store soon... 

Message 317 of 356

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've a HTC One S on 02__001 but still no updates, despite regular checking.

Would this update work for HTC One S as well or would there be a separate one? Smiley Mad

Message 318 of 356

Anonymous
Not applicable

update took about 15 for me from start to finish.  Perfomance seems a million times better, swipping seems really smooth.  What other new features are there except google go?

Message 319 of 356

Anonymous
Not applicable
"my wifi antenna has the factory defect and hope it won't disconnect me"

If you bring the phone closer to the WIFI hub, so that it doesnt need to try and "fight" through walls etc, may help (sorry if you know this)
Message 320 of 356