cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC One M9 - no 4G

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi. I've been on O2 for a while now and got a HTC M9 a few months ago. I noticed I never got 4G, just the symbols E or more usually H. I was passing an O2 store the other day and enquired. They said it's likely an old SIM card and gave me a new one. Still no joy. Any ideas of what's going on and how to get the 4G service? I'm in an area of supposedly excellent coverage.

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
If you are on an old account it probably hasn't got 4g enabled.
Call CS on 202 and ask them to check for you.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
If you are on an old account it probably hasn't got 4g enabled.
Call CS on 202 and ask them to check for you.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sounds like 4G isn't enabled, call cs as advised by @MI5

Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

OK, thanks. I'll give them a try

Message 4 of 7

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
I should also say that I have assumed that you have set 4G on in your network settings?

Currently using:
Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a HTC One M9 and today I have a 4G symbol Fantastic I have been on the O2 network since last June. I assumed I was getting 4G even with the symbol not showing. I was wrong O2 hadn't given me 4G. To be honest it is less fast in some areas.

My conclusion is that when I subscribed sim only £20 for 20GB a month unlimited min and texts I assumed it included 4G.

This month I upped my usage to 25GB for £25.63 (£25+RPI) which may have triggered something as this morning I got a text saying 4G and hey presto after turning the phone off an on the nice little 4G symbol appeared in notification bar. It was always showing when I was with giffgaff.

So maybe it was in the small print only 3G when there is a super deal?

BTW I found out recently on sim only that you can change your tariff each month up and back to your original tariff. Hasn't effected the length the original 12 month contract which expires in June

Moving around a lot as I do the most important plus plus with O2 is that I get a phone signal. That's what you need when it matters most whether in a hotel or visiting a relative in hospital.

O2 delivered for me slight_smile

Message 6 of 7

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Good news but they probably forgot to enable 4g on your old tariff.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 7