Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Play Services

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all,

I hope somebody can help with this.

I have an HTC One M9 running Marshmallow. Seemingly for no particular reason last night I started to get a message flash up saying "Unforunately Google Play Services has stopped" with the options "OK" or report. Pressing either cleared the message briefly. This is constant, I cannot get rid of this message!

I Googled the problem & have tried every suggestion. I've force stopped play services & cleared the cache. Deleted & reset my Google account. Uninstalled & reinstalled play services. Even done a factory reset. Nothing has worked. As soon as it's rebooted the message is back, returning as soon as it's cleared. The phone asked to update play services, which I did, & guess what. It's still there.

The phone is virtually unusable at the moment as I don't get enough time between the messages to do anything & none of the Google apps will work without play services running.

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Clearly a ROM issue all along but your fix is out of reach for many others that may be suffering the same problem.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 14

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey @Anonymous have you had any luck resolving this issue yet? 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 12 of 14

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
I believe he did "the unmentionable" fix wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 13 of 14

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
I believe he did "the unmentionable" fix wink

Ahh yes! Well it's fixed that's the main thing wink

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 14 of 14