cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy s3 4.3 update

Anonymous
Not applicable

Does anyone know when Galaxy s3 4.3 update  will be coming to O2 branded phones in england as it is out in ireland 

Message 1 of 51
50 REPLIES 50

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144066 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Samsung resumes roll out
http://m.androidcentral.com/samsung-resumes-international-galaxy-s3-android-43-updates
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 51

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

That will ease a few minds!

I see it says Europe only so will jonsie be able to get it?

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 12 of 51

MI5
  • 144066 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
He should get it as he has a European phone.....
I'll flash it later and see if it's any better, or not !!
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 13 of 51

jonsie
  • 93150 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions
If I check for updates I get the following message. Previous messages about OTA updates in the past mentioned server queues and download orders. Not quite sure what to make of this one? Nothing showing on Kies either. Screenshot 2013 12 06 10 36 43
Message 14 of 51

MI5
  • 144066 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

Never seen that either ??

I assume it's just a variation on the usual "Busy" error message.....

Currently using:
Message 15 of 51

Anonymous
Not applicable

My Dad has an O2 network Galaxy S3 and he got the I9300XXUGMMK6 update yesterday yet my phone which is I9300XXUGMJ9 still doesnt get the update. How does that work? anyone know and I also get the same error when updating via FOTA telling me 'The software update service is not available. Maximum number of roll-out updates has been exceeded. Try later or update your device using Samsung Kies' 

Anybody know what this means? and what I can do, I don't want to root the phone.

Message 16 of 51

jonsie
  • 93150 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions
How is he finding the update? Those who updated around a month ago have experienced all sorts of problems.

I'm hoping the error message is just a delay whilst the servers are busy but I've never seen that message previously until yesterday.
Message 17 of 51

MI5
  • 144066 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Not every phone can get the update at the same time or the server will crash (like Apple's did with the iOS7 update). You will just have to be patient and keep checking the phone for your turn.

Currently using:
Message 18 of 51

jonsie
  • 93150 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions
Patience is my middle name until I find a 2lb lump hammer.

Having said that, the phone has been usable for the last few days although waking the thing up and touch delay still give issues after the phone has been in sleep mode for an hour..

Battery drain is back to normal and I'm using the phone now to access the forum. The 4.3 features will be a big improvement so hang in there!
Message 19 of 51

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Jonsie, he is finding it good, it seems stable, no long delays and no battery drains, he is still testing it out. Yes your probably right about the message, I guess I will have to be patient. In the last few days iv had less issues, no lag and no random reboots, battery life has been fine, I wonder if Samsung have maybe rolled out a hidden update in the background. Anyone else who can agree?

Message 20 of 51