cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S7 seal broken

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi I got a Samsung Galaxy S7 edge today from the O2 store.

Once I got home, I went to open it and noticed that the seal had been broken.

On opening the box I noticed that there was a finger print on the box.

I was annoyed at first, then checked everything else and everything seems ok...

I I set the phone up etc and thought it will be ok.

However now it is bugging me, got the phone 3 days before release and why was it opened?!?!

On the seal it says "Do not accept if seal is broken. Caution sealed package. If seal has been broken or tampered with, do not give clear receipt unless contents are examined in presence or delivering agent".

It is really annoying me now, I may take it back and cancel the contract as in 14 day period; unless they give me another handset which is sealed!

What do you think?

Message 1 of 124
123 REPLIES 123

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
Do let us know @Anonymous how you get on
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 31 of 124

Anonymous
Not applicable
@Anonymous I'm glad they were helpful to you and I hope it works out, let us know. I'm even more disappointed now that I wasn't offered this service. I was so looking forward to my new phone and now I have to send it back and then wait until they reset my upgrade and then re-upgrade and order again. They also told me it would be a while as they send out pre-orders first, to which I said that I had pre-ordered 😞
Message 32 of 124

Anonymous
Not applicable
Mine also arrived with the seal broken. Not sure what to do as it would be difficult to prove that I didn't open it as it was delivered in a sealed envelope. The phone didn't have any marks on it at all and looked pristine. Could there be a reason so many had the seal broken?
Message 33 of 124

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Mine also arrived with the seal broken. Not sure what to do as it would be difficult to prove that I didn't open it as it was delivered in a sealed envelope. The phone didn't have any marks on it at all and looked pristine. Could there be a reason so many had the seal broken?

The most obvious answer is that someone wanted to have a look at the phone...or add something to the box. (If you were present) It's up to you whether you accept it. If it was me I would send it back.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 34 of 124

Anonymous
Not applicable

Without sounding a bit stupid, what could possibly be affected with the phone? 

Message 35 of 124

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Anything missing from these boxes?
Seems strange that a few on here alone are reporting broken seals.
Message 36 of 124

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Without sounding a bit stupid, what could possibly be affected with the phone? 

Maybe nothing at all. However, if I was buying a phone at that price I wouldn't accept it if seal was broken.

It's not as if anyone other than you has a reason to break the seals. Unless O2 staff were advised to check 'everything was in the box'  Still not a good enough reason imo

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 37 of 124

Anonymous
Not applicable

@viridis wrote:
Anything missing from these boxes?
Seems strange that a few on here alone are reporting broken seals.

Nothing missing from mine and honestly looked as if it hadn't even been touched. All the charger was still sealed as were the heaphones. Strange that so many have been opened? The phone was at 45% battery life for me. 

Message 38 of 124

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144182 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Someone within O2 is opening them for a reason.
Maybe @Martin-O2 can ask some questions?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 39 of 124

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions
Bit shoddy imo that so many have had the seal broken, and unless someone from O2 replies we will just be left guessing as to why....

Maybe we will get a reply from Martin now that @MI5 has asked, I'll not hold my breath mind u grin
Message 40 of 124