cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S5 Notifications

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

I've posted before about the S5 notification LED. Can someone clarify when the notification LED will come on? Apart from text will it come on for events under the S Planner, emails etc?

Thanks
Message 1 of 14
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks for the replies.........what I was trying to get at is, if the notification box is ticked under settings, does that include things like events under S Planner, email, text and so on. 

Yes, it should include everything that gives you a notification in the notification bar at the top of the screen.

S Planner only does this if you set a reminder for the event and it pops up with the reminder, otherwise, calendar entries stay silent.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Found this

"You can customise the LED indicator behaviour
You can’t choose the exact colours the Galaxy S5’s notification LED uses, but you can choose the events that fire it up. The most obvious use here is to get rid of the red charge LED signal when charging, which some people find annoying.

You’ll find is menu in Settings > Display. It’s called LED Indicator, and it lets you choose to have the LED when charging, at low battery, when there are notifications and when voice recording.
Read more at http://www.trustedreviews.com/opinions/galaxy-s5-tips-tricks-and-secret-features#rAt9F0ki2IFUmi5R.99...

And

http://www.droidista.com/2014/04/Samsung-Galaxy-S5-Notification-Lights.html
Message 2 of 14

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
That will be dependent on the individual settings on your phone.
On my S3 I have a setting in the main settings pages to turn it on/off for different events (my CR allows me to choose cololurs too but you may not have this) and also the individual apps sometimes have settings for the LED too.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
As has been said it depends what you set it on there should be a setting for it under settings then device then led notification
Message 4 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the replies.........what I was trying to get at is, if the notification box is ticked under settings, does that include things like events under S Planner, email, text and so on. My Text and emails seem fine, but I am not sure about the events under the S Planner. I realise that other apps may use the LED, but it's just some of the basic functions I am interested in. Cheers.
Message 5 of 14

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks for the replies.........what I was trying to get at is, if the notification box is ticked under settings, does that include things like events under S Planner, email, text and so on. 

Yes, it should include everything that gives you a notification in the notification bar at the top of the screen.

S Planner only does this if you set a reminder for the event and it pops up with the reminder, otherwise, calendar entries stay silent.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ah thanks very much I'll run a few test events. Cheers.
Message 7 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Let us know how you get on.
Message 8 of 14

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
No worries mate.... slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 9 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey @Anonymous how were the tests? Let us know, we are curious!
Message 10 of 14