Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S4 screen not working??

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,

It is me....again! 😞

I got an S4 in December which has problem after problem... sent off for repair 3 times and I was finally given a new S4 at the end of Feb.

All was fine until a couple of weeks or so ago, I can't remember if there was an update or something but I suddenly noticed the battery draining very quickly.

The last couple of days when the phone is locked I press the home button and it takes a second for the screen to light up, the pattern lock screen is there but the clock takes about 6 or 7 seconds to appear after its lit up.

Today it has been happening again but not the screen doesn't always come on. I know it's working because I get the haptic feedback buzz and the options and back button light up.

I took the battery out to get the phone off and back on again and while it was out thought I'd see if it could spin.

On a flat surface, one side the battery doesn't spin and the other it spins round a few times. I don't know if this is that warped battery problem I read about ages ago?? Would this be affecting the screen not coming on?

I'm so upset with Samsung, counting down the months til I can afford to get away from them!! 😞

Any advice very welcome. Thanks!
Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
So shall I do the hard reset and then contact Samsung regarding the battery?

That would be my choice, yes.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
The battery should be perfectly flat on both sides so it does sound like it could be an issue.
Was it exchanged by O2 (a refurb unit) or a new one from Samsung?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 11

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

Sounds like it could be the bulging battery problem. You should be able to get it replaced for free.

As far as your recent update goes, take a look at this link from MI5: http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Android-Devices-Samsung-HTC-Sony/How-To-Reset-your-Samsung-after-a-Firm...

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
It was exchanged by O2. It's android version is 4.4.2 if that means anything??

I read you're supposed to be able to get widgets on the lock screen like you used to be able to following this upgrade but that option on my settings is dimmed out, won't let me change it 😞
Message 4 of 11

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
O2 exchange with refurb units which means it could have been someone else's faulty phone that has been reset and checked over in the past (may not have been checked too carefully though :()

Currently using:
Message 5 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
😞 what rotten luck I have with phones!! I did ask them at O2 whether it was a new phone they were giving me and they said yes, it had all the new sticky protective labels etc and looked brand new so I took their word for it.

Urgh 😞
Message 6 of 11

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
It's usually impossible to tell just by looking as they do appear brand new.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 8 of 11

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

That would be my choice, yes.

Currently using:
Message 9 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
From my experience when networks replace a handset if it comes in a manufacturers sealed box then new but if in an o2 box or brown box then refurbished.
Message 10 of 11