cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S3 Help??

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just upgraded to samsung galaxy s3 mini, i have 500mb of data allowance but it has all been used!  used to have a blackberry which i had, facebook, twitter, emails, sky sports news, games open all the time and never used anywere near all my data.  yet with the galaxy it has used all data within a short space of time.  how do i stop it using the data so quickly!

Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@MI5 wrote:
Well I guess I'll stay a bit longer my young padawan's slight_smile

I hope we're helping LJ25 here and not confusing wink

hope they get it sorted

Ditto - LJ25, let us know how you get on - and welcome to the asylum wink

Message 21 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable
Do come back and let us know how you get on
Message 22 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for all your help!!!!  all my data was used up within 2.5 weeks, not due to start new data until 5th of next month.  i have turned off the auto sync and can only use wi-fi if im at home or on open networks, as not available at work.  this phone has just baffled me and im normally pretty quick at new things!  will se how i get on, thanks again for all the info!! :womanvery-happy:

Message 23 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

Your welcome hope it has sorted it now for you slight_smile

Message 24 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

That sort of usage sounds crazy. I've never changed the settings for the sync stuff. I work away from home, so am using data over network all the time Mon to Fri, then on wi fi at weekends. Trust me, I use the phone a lot online during the week. Have just checked usage, and from 1st April to today, have used 235MB.

Message 25 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

It does seem rather high

Message 26 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable
Settings > data usage.

Slide the graph bars so that they are between your allowance renewal dates.

Below the graph is a list of every app that uses data and once you've tracked it down, you can sort it.

If it is the 'android os' that has chewed up all of your data, do a factory reset (talking from experience here).
Message 27 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable
Should have read 'every app that has used data and how much'
Message 28 of 29

Gizasmum
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Just read about this app today which may help with your problem - http://www.onavo.com/apps/android_extend

Message 29 of 29