cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting emails from Samsung Galaxy S2

Anonymous
Not applicable

This has only just startedhappening.  I try to do housekeeping on my smartphone, i.e. delete unwanted/old emails, they go into Trash, try to delete all - they keep returning.  I went on holiday for three weeks (phone too expensive to use in Canada) - now trying to delete all old emails.  I get the same emails on my pc and tablet.  Any easy solution, please.

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Who's the email provider? if it was workig fine before and it's just started I'd check the settings used for your email account to see if it's a pop server used? If so maybe delete it and set it back up again as an imap.

if you can provide what you have at the moment and the email provider I can try and find the settings for you.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Anonymous
Not applicable

Who's the email provider? if it was workig fine before and it's just started I'd check the settings used for your email account to see if it's a pop server used? If so maybe delete it and set it back up again as an imap.

if you can provide what you have at the moment and the email provider I can try and find the settings for you.

Message 2 of 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for replying.  I just went into my email settings as you suggested and found that the "never delete from server" was highlighted (I never would have gone into the settings, if you had not said it was a good idea).  I think this must be what was happening and why emails kept returning.  I will start deleting emails later this evening and hopefully this should be okay now.  If not, I will get back to you tomorrow with the settings, if I need to pursue further.  Thanks again.

Message 3 of 3