cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data roaming off or on while on o2 Travel?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I'm in the States at the moment.  I am on O2 Travel for £4.99 per day.  However, I'm not clear whether I should have my data roaming off or on.  I was always under the impression that it should be kept off to avoid massive charges.  But does being on O2 Travel avoid this?  At the moment I'm not receiving emails unless I'm on wifi and I can't send emails whether or not I'm on wifi.  I'm using a Samsung Galaxy mini 3.  Any help on both these things would be gratefully received.

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

GJD
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 101 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 2 Solutions
If you are on O2 Travel, you will be charged £4.99 on any day you so much as send a text message or make/receive a phone call.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143417 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
You need roaming on to get data.
Your costs are capped at the daily charge by the travel bolt on.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

GJD
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 101 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 2 Solutions
If you are on O2 Travel, you will be charged £4.99 on any day you so much as send a text message or make/receive a phone call.
Message 3 of 4

MercedesS
Former Staff
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

Hello @Anonymous

Welcome to the community!

You can read more information here: Your guide on how to use O2 Travel  by @Anonymous and all the new roaming changes from 15th June 2017 here: monthly contracts and Pay As You Go by @darrengf, Fantastic guides! 

Get involved! If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution”.If you are new to the community, please read How to use the community
Message 4 of 4