cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract transfer/Sim swap

Anonymous
Not applicable
I recently found out that the phone I'd been paying for over a year was still actually in my dads name. O2 advised I would need to take out a new contract then cancel my old one, so I have done this. They advised I was required to pay off the remaining device plan, which I did, after this my old number from my "dads account" would transfer onto my new sim/contract.

I've been on the phone 3 times with different people who keep advising it's been processed and that it will take 24hrs but I'm still waiting. I've had friends do sim swaps before and they've literally taken a couple of hours at most... I don't think I can bear calling CS again. Does anyone have experience with this/will I eventually get my old number or just give up and use the new sim.
Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144334 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
You really do need to call again I'm afraid, it really shouldn't take any more than 24-48 hours at most.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144334 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
You really do need to call again I'm afraid, it really shouldn't take any more than 24-48 hours at most.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 2